iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

power outage with gasification boiler

Started by bsting, December 09, 2019, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsting

Just invested in a Crown Royal 7300E gasification boiler. The area we live in is prone to multiple day power outages in the colder months. Next season will be set up for standby power but until then if the lights go out..... Is there any procedures to follow with the boiler or anyone else had to deal with this situation? Thank you in advanced.

jerry sundberg

What I have done is I got a propane powered 3500 watt generator as a stand by. made up a couple of 12 gauge cords with male plugs on both ends. Just make sure to throw main breaker so you don't back feed on the line. Run only the nessesary  items.
Farmall  man

E Yoder

If the power goes out it'll shut down. Might boil a little if it was in the middle of a high burn. But not enough to hurt anything.
A small portable generator is what I use.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

bsting

Thank you for the input guys. My concern is quote from the manual "The Crown Royal Stove shall have provisions for preventing, of adequate water capacity within the boiler to prevent damage from loss of circulation due to electrical power failure."  If the water is not circulating then are they saying possible boil over? Thanks again.

E Yoder

Confusing language to me- but yes, it appears like they are concerned about it boiling with no flow.
I've seen it happen, but not enough to hurt anything.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

Thank You Sponsors!