iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sourcing logs for cabin

Started by Roland3337, April 26, 2021, 11:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland3337

Hello everyone. I am building a log cabin on my property, and I need to get some logs from somewhere. I have plenty of my own trees on a 2 acre lot, but they are kind of small for my purpose, so I will have to buy what I will need.

Does anyone here know of a logging company in Susquehanna county in PA that would sell me the logs I'd need? I would need probably about 40, straight as possible, 8-10 inches in diameter and 12 feet long. I am having some difficulty finding a logging operation anywhere close to me. Thanks.

mike_belben

Send a PM to "coxy" on here. Think he is a bit northeast.
Praise The Lord

Magicman

It's been almost a year since coxy logged on??  where is coxy?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

i think bargemonkey might know him know him but my bat signal isnt working right. 
Praise The Lord

Jim_Rogers

Try contacting your county forester. Or a state forester. They should be able to provide you with a list of registered loggers. Or see if there is a logger and/or forester association in your state.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on April 26, 2021, 02:49:38 PM
i think bargemonkey might know him know him but my bat signal isnt working right.
Hes alive, I talked to him 2wks ago. 

Thank You Sponsors!