iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey

Started by Ljohnsaw, May 03, 2021, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

Did Polio or even the Spanish flu have so many variants like we're seeing with covid? 
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

gspren

Here is a fact about polio. My dear departed dad was a twin, identical, until polio hit at 3-4 years old their mom had trouble telling them apart. Dad, Earl, and brother Carl, both got polio, both had the same genetics, same care, Earl recovered and served in WW2 and lived to 90 while Carl regained upper body strength his legs didn't recover and he was on crutches with leg braces, lived to mid 70s. Carl also ended up about 8" shorter than dad. So the fact as I see it is you just don't know how you personally will be affected until after the ordeal is over. All above may just be my opinion but I certainly lived with them.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

doc henderson

my dad's dad had polio.  sent to town from the farm and went to vo-tec to learn auto body work.  could be mean as hell. played any instrument with strings including piano by ear.  there was no treatment, if you survived you got braces or crutches.  good thing he was mean.  he married my grandmother who was a girl in the family he lived with.  back in the day you did what you had to do to live.  we have it so much better that we bitch and moan that not everything is fixed and written in stone.!  god bless America.  quit your bitchen!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Larry

Quote from: WDH on July 05, 2021, 11:16:02 AM
People forget history.  My generation was one of vaccines that saved countless people from devastating diseases like smallpox and polio.  Part of our significant increase in lifespan has been reducing the risk of disease.  People are living much longer now in part because of vaccines and advances in medical care.  

The younger generation has been spoiled in many ways and take all these advances for granted.  They have not lived through hardship to the extent that the pioneers of the 20th century endured to make this country a safer and better place for them to live.  It is easy to complain about stuff that you did not have to suffer for and just to expect that you have a "right" to all benefits and freedoms because you are entitled.  Many people need to have the silver spoon taken out of their mouth and have it placed in a more posterior position.  
What medical advances how done for us is immeasurable in my life.  At least this is the way that I see it. Freedom is great, and anyone can do whatever you are free to do, and I am free to say many younger people are lazy, pampered, and ungrateful for all that has been given to them and done for them.  I also understand that it is free to be ignorant and to want much for nothing.  

I guess a nerve got struck. But then, that is free too.  Good luck to all the unvaccinated now and in your future  as mankind deals with people's impact on this earth all the while thinking it is their right to over-populate and destroy it. But do not worry, Mother Nature will solve the problem.  
Outstanding post.  Many nuggets that bear repeating and consideration.  Thank you for the thoughtful insights Danny.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Ianab

Quote from: Paul_H on July 06, 2021, 04:00:00 PM
Did Polio or even the Spanish flu have so many variants like we're seeing with covid?
We are still seeing the variants of the Spanish Flu today. Just it's the various strains of Influenza virus that keep mutating and avoiding the vaccines. This is why the flu vaccine isn't really that effective. It protects against last years versions, not next years. Luckily most of the population now has "some" natural resistance (+ plus semi effective vaccines). So influenza is considered endemic, quietly circulating in the background, and not a "Pandemic".  
The Covid virus actually seems to be mutating less than Influenza, but with so many millions of cases around the world, new ones are bound to appear, like the more infectious "delta" variant that's currently spreading.
Polio doesn't seem to have created new variants, or at least not so different that the vaccine doesn't work. And now that it's extremely rare, that's even less likely. 
QuoteThe issue that gets me is how we have all these therapeutics and how suppressed they're
I don't think that's really a fair comment. Lot's of potential treatments have been investigated, to the level of doing actual clinical studies. But in spite of the anecdotal stories, the actual studies haven't been able to give significant results. 
Viruses are notoriously hard to treat once you are infected. They are technically not "alive", and only activate inside a host cell. Outside of that they are basically "inert" with no biological functions occurring. You can destroy them with bleach / UV light / high temperature etc, but that destroys any type of biological matter. Finding a drug that will deactivate or block the virus, but not interfere with the patient staying alive is the tricky thing. So antibiotics that work against bacteria have zero effect on a virus. Training a bodies immune system to recognise and attack the foreign virus is the most effective way to protect people. Having a strong immune system is of course good, which is why older folks suffer more serious cases, but if your body has never been exposed to a particular virus, then it takes time for the immune system to respond. Will it respond before you get seriously sick? The "therapeutics" are mostly about keeping patients alive for long enough for their immune system to kick in. 
My concern is that if too many people are avoiding the vaccine, in 6 months time it's going to be Winter in the US, and there will be another serious outbreak of the more infectious variant. And the more cases there are, the greater the chance of more mutations.   
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

doc henderson

I just re-read my comment from 3 posts ago, and want to clarify that my comment at the end was not directed at anyone on the forum, but to people in general who think there is a magic pill for everything.  I think I need some time off.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

bannerd

Sure it's being suppressed, if several doctors whom treated thousands of patients are having success then why not use that tool?  Clinical trials come up ALL the time for vitamin c in mega doses and the success rate is pretty dang high.  Those trials are then shut down because there just is not enough research in vitamins to conclude it.  Yet isn't a trial and history "research"? ,, not approved research.. 

The biggest issue with it is.. how can you approve of something that literally grows in trees?  Sort of like how chaga kills cancer cells (shrinks tumors @ nih.gov) but how does pharma make profit from that when people can just walk into the forest?

Klenner states: (When proper amounts are used, it will destroy all virus organisms," he would say. "Don't expect control of a virus with 100 to 400 mg of C.")

Dr. Raymond Obomsawin whom presented his use of vitamin C/A and success was called bogus.  He told the group of lawyers and scientist to prove him wrong.  If it did not work then prove this to me.

Now we have two possible use cases-groups that are mutually exclusive.

It's a vicious cycle and hands down why so many are hesitant on getting vaccinated.  The US is at 40% according to google, I would say it's much lower especially if the government wants to knock on your doors now.  What about those that acquired natural immunity and now have m-cells that know how this thing works?  Very effective against all variants.. natural immunity is hard to beat.  Do we give them a spike protein, how does that work on the immune system that is already adaptive?  Sadly this topic could be discussed about for many years but making decisions for people is where there is going to be kick back.  Some of the doctors in our hospital are sick of the medical complex.  Few of them had their medical licenses suspended by the board, one the university revoked and claims they don't know them.  Just doesn't seem right.  We're here to help people in the safest way possible and this stuff is happening.  Crazy.

doc henderson

vitamins are considered a food supplement, and not regulated like drugs.  Therefore all sorts of claims can be made, and not prosecuted.  we all need vitamins as they act in biological chemical process.  at high doses, they are being used as a medication, but have not been studied.  I assure you if a doc had a 1 penny option, it would be used.  

Peter Drouin

My arm is 85% back to normal. I do remember when the guy pulled the needle out blood shot out of my arm on him.
Maybe that had something to do with it. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

doc henderson

yes.  that is not usual, but he must of went through a vessel.  gave you a hematoma. :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: doc henderson on July 15, 2021, 06:28:28 AM
yes.  that is not usual, but he must of went through a vessel.  gave you a hematoma. :)

Whatever that is ;)
I went to the doc today and they said the shot was too high in the arm. 
But a good thing is my a1c was 6.0 with just changing my diet.
 No more metformin. one a day. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

thecfarm

A very good sugar level!! Mine is not that low, but 6.5.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Paul_H on May 06, 2021, 11:04:10 AM
A long time customer, seemingly healthy just got the Moderna vacc and 12 hours later died of an apparent cardiac arrest
I didn't want to hit the Like button on that, because I certainly don't like what happened. But I am extremely wary of these injections, and will not be getting one.
I realize this incident you mentioned may not be able to be proved to be caused by the injection, but I keep hearing these stories.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: thecfarm on July 15, 2021, 09:29:19 PM
A very good sugar level!! Mine is not that low, but 6.5.

It was 7.1 It's all what you put in your mouth. :D :D :D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

jimbarry

I had two Pfizer shots, May 27th and July 8th. Wife had hers too about the same time. She had a sore arm for a couple days. I had zero issues. Two days before my second shot I got bit by a deer fly. Apparently my body does not like deer fly bites. My arm and hand swelled up to the point I couple barely clench a fist. Day of second shot I showed the pharmacist that swelling and she said she would put the 2nd shot in the other arm. Then told me to take some Reactine for the swelling because Reactine doesn't make a person as sleepy. I took the Reactine for 3 days until the swelling went down but all I wanted to do was sleep for those 3 days. No surprise, my body always seems to to the opposite of what is expected. Anyway, to combat that I kept working at the sawmill. Best cure for illness is to keep moving, that's what I was told as a kid. I grew up in a time where you walked off the pain and worked through a sickness.

Wasn't planning on getting the shots. We work from home and live out in the country. Might see 2-3 people a week. And the bi-weekly trip to town is the only public exposure we get.  But, we did it to get the numbers up so we don't have to where these *DanG masks anymore in a store. 

doc henderson

I had a patient type 2 DM.  all he wanted to do was visit and tell jokes at his visits.  He was also hard of hearing so difficult to communicate with.  i think he was 60.  his HgA1c was 19.  he died within 2 years.  you guys are doing well.  we keep dropping the number we want.  too low and you start having lows that is not good.  most of the bad from diabetes takes 15 to 30 years to develop depending on your self care.  the trouble is that some type 2 folks go 10 years undiagnosed.  do the best you can.

Claybraker

Mine runs from 6.4 to 6.8 depending. Mom and her sister were both diagnosed at the same time, Mom took it serious, her sister not so much, the last 10 years of her life weren't really worth living. Mom could still drive, even played golf. Her sister was in one of those hover round things with nothing to do but watch day time tv. 

One of the side effects from the Pfizer is more confidence  going out and about, attempting to return to some sense of normalcy. The stuff I need to do to stay healthy, both physically and mentally.

Hilltop366

Quote from: jimbarry on July 16, 2021, 07:10:59 AMbut all I wanted to do was sleep for those 3 days

That could have very well been the vaccine, it is quit common to be tired for a few days. 

Peter Drouin

Quote from: doc henderson on July 16, 2021, 10:19:50 AM
  do the best you can.
I do and have all the fun I can. 8) 8)
smiley_beertoast

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Ianab

Haven't voted yet as first Pfizer shot was ~7 hours ago. I don't have to work tomorrow, so if I feel off colour I can just go back to bed. 

Main complaint here has been the slow roll out of the vaccine, due to limited supply. Anyway as of this month the deliveries have increased (as scheduled) and they are working on upping the vaccination numbers, to get though everyone by the end of the year. 

While there has been some confusion and complaints, I found the system worked OK for me. I had registered on the Govt website months back to be notified when I was eligible / appointments were available. and got a Txt message about 10 days ago, with a code for the booking web site. Went online, booked a place, and had the option of 3 different sites. The local site had only just been announced, and wasn't in the online system yet, so I booked in at the site 1/2 an hour South. If I'd waited a few days, I could have got a local spot next month, but what the heck. 

Anyway they had a pretty efficient setup and friendly staff. Not really a MASS vaccination event, it was in a small lounge at the the town sports complex, but they were probably getting though 20 folks an hour, and I was in and out on schedule. 

The nurse doing the after jab monitoring (20 mins) was joking with us about the guy that asked about the micro-chip. She said she was tempted to ask "What radio station do you want me to tune it to?" But she was far to professional to actually say that.  :D

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

HemlockKing

Quote from: Ianab on July 29, 2021, 04:03:46 AM
Haven't voted yet as first Pfizer shot was ~7 hours ago. I don't have to work tomorrow, so if I feel off colour I can just go back to bed.

Main complaint here has been the slow roll out of the vaccine, due to limited supply. Anyway as of this month the deliveries have increased (as scheduled) and they are working on upping the vaccination numbers, to get though everyone by the end of the year.

While there has been some confusion and complaints, I found the system worked OK for me. I had registered on the Govt website months back to be notified when I was eligible / appointments were available. and got a Txt message about 10 days ago, with a code for the booking web site. Went online, booked a place, and had the option of 3 different sites. The local site had only just been announced, and wasn't in the online system yet, so I booked in at the site 1/2 an hour South. If I'd waited a few days, I could have got a local spot next month, but what the heck.

Anyway they had a pretty efficient setup and friendly staff. Not really a MASS vaccination event, it was in a small lounge at the the town sports complex, but they were probably getting though 20 folks an hour, and I was in and out on schedule.

The nurse doing the after jab monitoring (20 mins) was joking with us about the guy that asked about the micro-chip. She said she was tempted to ask "What radio station do you want me to tune it to?" But she was far to professional to actually say that.  :D
I’ll see(hear) you on 93.1 CKBW lol thanks for the chip contribution, look forward to hearing your thoughts.
A1

doctorb

There has been no clear evidence that Vitamin C is effective against Covid.  Period. Studies have been mixed and had very wide ranging results, depending upon methodology.

Studies have ranged from huge doses of VitC given intravenously to very ill Covid patients to population research comparing blood levels of Vit C between those infected and those who are not.  Studies have tended to show that populations with normal or high blood levels of Vit C are less likely to get infected.  That does not equate to concluding that taking Vit C to treat an acquired Covid infection is effective.  It takes months to raise your Vit C level.

People with normal or high Vit C levels have many differences with those whose Vit C levels are low (40-60% of the US!).  Low Vit C people are more likely to be overweight, have poor exercise habits, have poor diets, and more Medical comorbidities than those with normal levels.  These are some of the risk factors for Covid.  So the data make sense regarding a relationship between Vit C levels and Covid infections.  It does not mean that Vit C treats Covid effectively.

It is fascinating to me that, when a study is presented that has such poor methods that it's conclusions are not justified, the conspiracy theorists think that the info is being suppressed.  These studies get published (in lesser journals).  They are available to all physicians as well as the public.  But the editorial boards of reputable journals won't publish them, as they rarely meet the board's criteria for accuracy.  It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with the board's point of view on Covid, it's whether the study proved scientifically what it says it proved.  Why does this have to be political?  It's just science. This kind of thing happens over and over again in medicine, and now, because of divisions over Covid, it's spiraled out of control.  Vit Cdoes not treat or cure Covid.  Period  
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

SwampDonkey

A lot of those poor studies change the rules on the fly to influence results. James Randi pointed that out with things not disease related with studies about the paranormal. He proved there were a lot of poor experiments by orchestrating a hoax experiment (2 actually) with two people he knew very well. The researchers took it hook line and sinker and showed how easy it is to be fooled when your mind set is already biased toward the outcome and you strongly believe in it from the get go.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I've had two Pfizer shots, nothing more than 3 days of something like a bruise feeling at the injection site. Nothing that really made you think about it, nothing like a bee sting. Out of 1 to 10, barely a 1. :D

66% of New Brunswickers are fully vaccinated. 82% with at least one dose.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Doc,

Lot of self-appointed medical experts these days.  I appreciate you sage experience and knowledge. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!