iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dandelions

Started by Walnut Beast, May 24, 2021, 08:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

When you run out of salad and have a yard full of weeds go pick your dandelions 😂

Roxie

Oh!  Now you're talking! I also love them fried in bacon fat and drizzled with vinegar. 
Say when

Walnut Beast

I'll have to try that Roxie 👍

Chuck White

Mom used to fix dandelion greens, and used the blossoms to make dandelion wine!

Both were very good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Skip

When I was a kid used to go with my Mom and Grandfather (both born in Italy) in the spring and gather dandelions . Same recipe as Roxies but with hard boiled eggs , some good eatin . :) food6

SwampDonkey

Pudgy Joe (ground hog) likes them. I see him in the back yard eating on the leaves as fast as he can chew. :D

Hey, they are a lettuce. ;)

Mom's aunt would collect and eat them in the spring. Grandmother picked fiddle heads instead. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

The roots are good dug up in early Spring and cut into similar sized pieces(baby finger) and baked at 325 deg lightly oiled for 45 min turned over once. Add minced garlic the last 10 min and salt when done. 
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Roxie

That's one that I haven't tried. Didn't know the roots were edible too. Thanks Paul!  
Say when

Jeff

Ours turned into snowballs in the u.p. last night. 

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

If they were marketable I would be a very wealthy man!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

21incher

Don't forget to make a batch of wine to go with the salads  8).
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

It should be noted, some individuals are severely allergic to dandelion 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

I didn't know that. It must be hard to live in North America this time of year
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thecfarm

Jeff, never heard of that. But it is green.  ;D
Brenda has made a jam-spread from the blossoms. Kinda taste like honey.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!