iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Power outage?

Started by Jeff, August 14, 2003, 03:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Who is this effecting? We had a split second outage here. I see that much of the east coast is out so far. at least as far this way as Detroit. Watching the streets of New York filled with people.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

biziedizie

So like does N.Y have no power at all???

Me don't have a tv so I'm very out of tune with things. :P

Steve

Jeff

No power at all. The whole city. parts of canada too and lots of the northeastern seaboard back to Detroit. Starting to come back up according to the Major of Newyork.

Looks like its the canadians that caused it. :D

biziedizie

Yeah they shouldn't let them guys control the big switch. :D :D :D :D

Steve

Fla._Deadheader

Probably Kevin tryin to re-wire something  ::) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Jeez I hope not. Has kevin been on since the picinic?

OneWithWood

Yah, he was here for a bit then there was this kinda of fizzing hissing sound and the east went blank  :D :D :D ;D
He did say sumthin' at the picinic about a new way to trim trees around power lines that he thought Harold would be right fond of  :o :o :o ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

biziedizie

Hey Kevin do ya tink ya make the power go out my way say around 10 am???
  It would be nice to have a short day at work. 8)

Steve

Tom

Mark this day on your calender to see if there is a population explosion attributed to it later. :D :D

biziedizie

We went out for dinner and I heard on the cd player that the power was lost due to a nuclear thing in P.A.

Did I hear that correct???

What I would like to know was what was Kevin doing over there??? :D

Steve

Brian_Bailey

I'm in W.NY and didn't lose any power.  Good thing though, just started drying another load of R. Oak in the kiln yesterday and wouldn't be too happy losing power at this stage of drying!

Weather service stated there was no lightning strikes anywheres near the power authority in Niagara Falls and a spokesperson for the authority also stated that there was no fire at a nuke facility in Pa. either, contrary to what the Canadians are claiming. Whats up with dat ??? ?
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

biziedizie

Brian I have nooooo idea what's going on with the claims that us guys are making but I just talked to a buddy and she said that it's all over the news that it happened in PA.???
  I have a tv in my camper so I'm gonna watch the 11:00 news to see what all the fuss is about.

I still think that Kevin's involved as we haven't heard from him yet. ;D

Steve

Kevin

I tried plugging my LT-15 into 220 after reading on here they are made to run on AC.
I should have drained the gas tank first.
 :-/

Haytrader

Ah, the joy of livin in the middle of nowhere.
No big power outages.
No hurricanes.
No earthquakes.
Not a bunch on people.
Just a big whirlwind now and then.

Lots of finger pointing. As of 7 AM CST they still don't know what and where.
Bet ur ash they will find out what happened and fix it.
Haytrader

Tom

Kevin, did you really ldo that all by yourself?

The TV newspeople spent about 15 seconds talking about some minor power calamity up there in the North East caused by a back-woods Cadadian named Caben or Kebind.  I figured it was the Cubans trying to say Kevin :-/

Are you OK?  You don't want to grab hold of that stuff with anything less than a ten-foot pole. :D

C_Miller

We're a little south of Brian and lost power for a bit. At  least it wasn't rain. A months worth of flash flooding was getting old and moldy.

C
CJM

Brian_Bailey

Heads are definitely going to roll on this one.  Sure glad I don't work in management at the power company, cause you'll shortly find out if your position is expendable!

C.Miller,  button down the hatches, more showers and t-storms tonite & tomorrow  :o!
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

smwwoody

We only have 5 nuke plants here in PA and I've welded in all of them a time or 2.  So I know it couldn't have been us 8)
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

C_Miller

Anyone know where to get a whack of gopher wood and some tar?
C
CJM

smwwoody

Well they think gopher was some type of ceder
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

johnjbc

I think the power outage was caused by all the hot pictures of the events at the Weene Roast and Picanic. ::) ::) Some one must have tried to post them and blew the power grid
That why we didn't get to see them! 8) 8)
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Thank You Sponsors!