iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

if you are in/or around springfield ohio...

Started by boobap, March 21, 2010, 11:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boobap

so, as some of you know, i am currently in afghanistan and will be for a year. i bought this ms 650 from this dude in ohio for a really good price. $350...i guess it is true that if it is to good to be true, it probably is...

this is what i posted on craigslist about him! i will keep reposting it everyday if it gets flagged, i really would spit in his face if i could!!

!!!!Beware of seller...Fraud Alert! Ordered a product from Josh Mcclanahan over craigslist...it never showed up and of course I can't get ahold of him. He works with or for R & N Tree Service and stole $325 from me. I have a receipt to prove he got the money, but I have no stihl MS 650 chainsaw or tracking number to prove he shipped it to me. Beware of seller...Fraud Alert!!!!

SCREW DISHONEST PEOPLE !!!!!! >:(

tbrickner

Thanks for the warning boobap.  That really sucks.  I hope someone catches him some day.    People like that are sad cases full of hate and anger.  Don't worry he will get his just rewards some day.  People like that tend to hang out with the wrong crowd.  Just wanted to say I wish you luck on your money and give you a hearty thanks for serving our country.  Stay safe out there and hope to have you back soon.

Tom

Cut4fun

There is 3 Springfield's I think in Ohio. One of them is right close to Columbus and about 2 hours south of me. 
Shoot me some info in a PM and make sure I have pertinent info so if I call them to ask where MY 650 is at.  ;)

Rocky_J

Kevin, take Al along with you for the ride and make a day trip out of it. Stop and have some BBQ for lunch.  8)

Cut4fun

I hate to say it, but I cant find a R & N Tree Service listed in Ohio. Maybe they are smaller and dont advertise.

Did you pay by M.O. or check and have physical address you mailed money to?

Al_Smith

If you paid by postal money order and have the receipt you might advise the seller that use of the US mail for fraudulant use is considered mail fraud and is a felony .

boobap

I'm an idiot and payed by paypal...the only reason i did is because i am in afghan! i have no physical address, but i know it is in the dayton/springfield area.

Cut4fun

File a Paypal complaint for never receiving saw?  It will take a little while but if he don't have proof of shipping and tracking to your delivery address, you should get a refund.

Sometimes if your paypal was through your credit card you are covered there too.

boobap

I tried that originally, but A. it has been to long now and B. paypal will not refund especially if it wasn't for a product purchased - meaning i only sent him the money to his email address, so to paypal it was just a money transfer...$%#k, @$$...i am so *pithed i could shot a Talib!

Cut4fun

boobap

Ok, so i just got this email in responce to the post I have on craigslist about this guy or guys...

A Josh McClanahan (and a Vincent Ris***) just came to my door from R&M Tree Service (of course we didn't answer the door) but they left a card.  They looked a little shady.  I checked them out on the internet because they looked weird and stayed alittle too long at our door, even though we weren't answering it.  On their card is a number: (937) 398-4497.  I hope this helps.

I would avoid this guy/guys and their services!!!

JohnG28

Boobap, I hope you get it straightened out with this son of a b****, people like that are real leaches on the the decent people in society, I hope that you get whats yours.  Good luck to you, and come home safe.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

567paloggger

why didnt you answer the door with your shotgun in hand  why dont you give them a call and see what they have to say

boobap

i have tried to call them, they wont answer...here is another email from a fellow supporter! this is becoming fun...screw the money, i just want these guys to go down!  8) also, i will be filing a complaint with their local PD...

i personally know these shady %u@kers and dont like eather one of them there tree servise is a joke and theyre pretty much just out looking for something to steal when they go door knockin and for the saw it was stolen from L A tree service and im pretty sure they have both done time in jail in the past for theft and i think vince is in jail currently if there is any other questions or anything i can help you with just let me know PS i know were they both live if nothin else my email is ********@aol.com  sorry they got email me ur number and i can help ya further

boobap

Also, I want to add, please I don't want anyone doing anything to crazy to assist in this situation as these guys sound like criminals...I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO GET HURT. maybe someday soon, while doing their crapy work with their stolen chainsaws they will cut an arm off or something and a big dog will run off with the limb!! ;D

JohnG28

Hahaha, well things do have a way of coming back around like that, Im sure they will get theirs soon enough
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Coon

karma will get em.  Usually ten fold too.  ;) 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

boobap

got another email from an earlier contact...also send a fairly in-depth email to the springfield chief of police...

"After I sent you an e-mail earlier today, I actually did call the police department because of your fraud alert. I told them he was driving a bright blue truck with wood rails or side panels.  I also saw where Josh was charged with stalking a woman and Vincent was charged with theft and complicity, all in Springfield, Ohio.   Vincent was sentenced to 90 days in prison for theft.  This information is all on the internet.   By the way, Josh is listed as the owner of R&M on the business card he left and Vincent is listed as the sales rep.  Good luck in tracking them down!" 

stonebroke

I think we should have a collection for Boobap, considering that he is overseas protecting us. I just don't know how. Any suggestions?

Stonebroke

boobap

don't you dare do that...i am not looking for pity, just spreading the threats around. i do appreciate the gesture however. does anyone have a nice running 650/660 laying around for $325?  :D if i did that after this, the only thing waiting for me from my wife when i get home is an empty house with my current chainsaws beaten to pieces in the middle of the floor  :D

by the way, here is another (different supporter of the cause)

"Hey,
I saw your last Fraud alert you posted and i looked up the criminal records of Josh McClanahan. The only thing i found on his record was driving under suspension but that doesn't mean their couldn't be more elsewhere. That was only in the city of cincinnati. This is the link that i looked on http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?casenumber=/06/TRD/56457. I was thinking maybe you could email the last person that sent you the message that stated that this guy came to their door and ask them if Josh McClanahan was white and if he appeared to be around the age of 22 sense that's what it says on the criminal record. I know this isn't much but hopefully it will help a little. If their is anything else i can help you with than just let me know, and i mean anything at all. I want these guys caught just as bad as you do. I have had this happen to me before also."

the support on this is great...i know it does not blong in a chainsaw forum, but it originally started as a "threat warning" if you will...

Also, if I have not said it befor, thank you all for the support while I/WE are over hear. I really does help a lot!! :)

Cut4fun

Did that husky CD ever make it to you over there in one piece?   air_plane

Thank You Sponsors!