iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New well pump on the way

Started by Sixacresand, December 08, 2013, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Nancy said things break down in threes.  First the microwave, then yesterday morning the coffee maker.  I came in last night, wet (from light drizzle, not sweat)  and nasty  from mill work and there was no water.  I checked all I could check and it seems the pump had died.  My "well guy" offered to come out after midnight last night.  I countered with after church today.  We are flushing the toilet with water dipped from the horses's watering tub.  I might look good but folks might not want to sit too close to me at church this morning.    :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

clww

Seems like major stuff always breaks down on either during the weekend or on Friday afternoon after 3:00. ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

ST Ranch

I too have used the horse waterer as a source of water for the house when one system failed - I guess it was a bit cool to try a quick dip in the water trough before church?
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Sixacresand

I only needed a new capacitor and tank and not a pump.  Its a blessing to have well man that will come out on Sunday and/or after 5 PM.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

martyinmi

I had a new pump installed a few years back that quit working after 1 day.
My well guy simply didn't tighten a couple of clamps tight enough, so it was sucking a bit of air.
My wife and I had to get ready for work, and my son for school, and we needed a little bit of water to wash up and brush our teeth with the next morning before he arrived, so I dipped a half gallon or so from the toilet tank.
I used it to brush my teeth, as well as wash my face.
I could not convince them that that water was urine and feces free no matter how hard I tried! :P
My beautiful bride would not even give me a good bye kiss on the cheek that morning!! :o
My smart alec kid took pleasure in informing folks that I drank toilet water for some time after that. :D
As much as I've picked on him in the past, I'm thinking I had it coming!!!! ;D

No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

gspren

We are blessed with a stream and a couple of springs on the farm so water is always available although it's nice when it comes out of the faucet.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Red Good

1st year on this place , the day before Christmas well went out . Checked all the electrical and then built a tripod 26 ft tall and run my atv winch cable over the top and pulled the pump . 20 foot joints of schedule 40 screwed together 440 feet deep . Light snow and drizzle . Got her done in time to take a bath on Christmas Eve . Not how I wanted to spend it but what are you going to do . Kept the tripod , thinking I want to put a flag on top of it .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

coxy

Quote from: Sixacresand on December 08, 2013, 08:22:44 AM
Nancy said things break down in threes.  First the microwave, then yesterday morning the coffee maker.  I came in last night, wet (from light drizzle, not sweat)  and nasty  from mill work and there was no water.  I checked all I could check and it seems the pump had died.  My "well guy" offered to come out after midnight last night.  I countered with after church today.  We are flushing the toilet with water dipped from the horses's watering tub.  I might look good but folks might not want to sit too close to me at church this morning.    :D
it seems like every year just before deer season and or Christmas every thing I own breaks down >:( :'( 

SPIKER

That many things failing at one time I would check your electrical feed, there could be some issues there.   Loss of the ground rod can cause some issues, or a floating Neutral will cause issues like you are seeing.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Sixacresand

Quote from: SPIKER on December 08, 2013, 07:52:48 PM
That many things failing at one time I would check your electrical feed, there could be some issues there.   Loss of the ground rod can cause some issues, or a floating Neutral will cause issues like you are seeing.

Mark
Thanks for that tip.  I'll follow up with my electrician friend and Georgia Power.  Years ago, I lost my TV and radio due to power company's grounding problem on the transformer pole. 

Raider Bill

I had to replace the one in Tenn. last Monday after only 7 years. Pipe was cracked where the sch 80 went into the pump. Caused it to keep running for who knows how long before it burnt up. 500ft.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sixacresand

Quote from: Raider Bill on December 09, 2013, 01:32:04 PM
I had to replace the one in Tenn. last Monday after only 7 years. Pipe was cracked where the sch 80 went into the pump. Caused it to keep running for who knows how long before it burnt up. 500ft.
I replaced my PVC pipe with black plastic pipe (that comes in a roll) for just that reason,  The torque of the pump causes the pipe to twist when it starts up.  The black plastic is not as brittle. 500 ft of pipe has to be one heck of job to pull!!  Glad you didn't invite me to that well party, Raider Bill.  lol

Thank You Sponsors!