iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big oak removal

Started by loggah, July 29, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well yesterday we had a flood,2 feet of water over our back garden. high winds(microburst),and marble sized hail on our upper garden. There were around 24 trees snapped off or blown over in a couple acres. A big oak that shaded our house dropped a leader ,hitting my wifes garden shed and burying our camper in the top. The tree left a heavy limb half broken hanging over the house. I went over to "TOP NOTCH" my brothers tree removal co and hijacked one of his crane crews!! ;D ;D they got here at 1:30 by 3:30 they were done!! ;D Heres some pictures of the crew in action.

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Magicman

Now that is the benefit of knowing someone in "high places".   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

loggah

;D My brother is headed for his fishing camp in Labrador  next week and wants my wife to make 4 loaves of sourdough bread for his trip !!! I'd say that was a fair trade !!!!! ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

clww

Too bad about your old shade tree, but that happens sometimes. Glad nobody got hurt during the storm, Don. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Dave Shepard

$1,000 a loaf? That's not bad pay for a little baking. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Between your brother and you,you all have some equipment to play with.
I have been lucky here. No tree damage. Yet is the key word here. I have seen some in other towns.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

This crane is brand new this year on a brand new Peterbilt, the truck has been in the shop with computer problems more then it has been working !!! >:( >:(  i happened to catch it on a good day!! I could have moved my unit cable crane up top but i still would be walking it there !!!! ;D ;D

Peter Drouin

Too bad about the trees. You guys must be busy to afford a new crane . There's not much work out there, I know 4 or 5 tree guys not working now, or cut a tree a week ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Peter,The cranes are busy most all the time,Elect co-op, Public Service,Asplund and N.H. DOT, they go all over the state. the crews stay pretty busy.I was lucky they were just coming off a job when i caught them ,and while they were here one of the Elec.co-op guys showed and they had to go take down a trouble tree when they were done with me. Don

Peter Drouin

Accounts like that are gold  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!