The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Enough pump??  (Read 732 times)

Offline overclocking

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
Enough pump??
« on: February 14, 2016, 07:27:58 PM »
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Taco-00R-F6-1IFC-00R-Cast-Iron-Radiant-Heating-Circulator-w-Integral-Flow-Check-1-25-HP?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6IC2BRDcjPrjm_istoUBEiQASrLz1oaVkneolt6IP57GIrqDNia2RxZ-iulhLL924xN_rhEaAuv68P8HAQ

Is this enough pump to push through 130 ft each way to the house, through two exchangers, and a side arm, then return to the boiler via 1 inch line?

Its mounted on the boiler on the hot side pushing toward the house.

Offline jiggysmb

• Love Cuttin'
    • Share Post
Re: Enough pump??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 11:28:31 AM »
I would say yes but I am pretty new here and to OWB. We have a 1/25 hp grundfos that pumps a little over 100 feet ot the house and back. It is a pretty level shot, so I would think if you were pumping up hill it may need a bit more umph.

Offline Oldman47

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
That 1 inch pipe will experience significant line losses and you have a long run at over 260 feet plus the heat exchanger. The pump you linked has only a 15 foot head maximum so I doubt it will do the trick.
X27, Stihl 026, Husky 555 AT

Offline overclocking

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »
Thanks. Just trying to figure out why I am not getting the exchange I need. I have been fighting this problem for months and by the time I figure the problem out, winter is probably going to be over. I'm going to add a second 007 pump inside the house to speed up the circulation and see what that does..

Offline hedgerow

• Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »
I have about 250 ft pipe from my boiler to my house so I am pushing 500 pipe plus fittings. I have Taco 011 out where the boil is and a grundfos ups 26-99fc in the basement. The grundfos is three speed so in the warmer part of the winter I run it on two and in the colder time I run it on high. When the taco goes out I will replace it with a grunfos. I don't think you are pushing enough fluid to get a good heat exchange. When I first put the system in I tryed only running the 011. It worked until the cold part of winter hit and one pump wouldn't cut it so I added another and that solved the problem.

Offline overclocking

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:19:02 AM »
I have about 250 ft pipe from my boiler to my house so I am pushing 500 pipe plus fittings. I have Taco 011 out where the boil is and a grundfos ups 26-99fc in the basement. The grundfos is three speed so in the warmer part of the winter I run it on two and in the colder time I run it on high. When the taco goes out I will replace it with a grunfos. I don't think you are pushing enough fluid to get a good heat exchange. When I first put the system in I tryed only running the 011. It worked until the cold part of winter hit and one pump wouldn't cut it so I added another and that solved the problem.

Thats basically exactly what I am seeing, it works great until the temp drops below a certain point, then it linearly gets worse as outside temp drops.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Diesel Primary pump from tank to injector pump

Started by Ironwood on General Board

19 Replies
Last post January 25, 2005, 08:12:11 PM
by Ironwood
xx
064 oil pump

Started by stan064 on Chainsaws

3 Replies
Last post July 19, 2020, 06:49:44 AM
by thecfarm