iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Full-time with my Sawmill

Started by 123maxbars, August 23, 2016, 05:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After owning my Woodmizer now for 6 years and reading/asking/obtaining all the information I could get in my head (most from this forum) I have taken on a new position in life and have gone full-time with sawing.  I completed this in July of this year and I am about two months into this venture and things are going great so far. I am blessed to have a supported wife (with a great income/benefits) that encouraged this decision.  Right now I am logging my own timber on a local farm and selling my dried lumber to local and surrounding woodworkers in nearby cities.  So far it was a great move and more satisfying that my last career of 15 years (police detective).  I also as you guys noticed I make youtube videos also on my daily activities.  This is done out of a hobby of mine for video making. Well anyways I will keep you all updated on my progress and I attached my newest movie on the bottom.  WDH has been a great help to me also! I appreciate your knowledge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGPzw2BX-6g
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

ladylake

Good going, wish I had started when I was 25 instead of 52 years old and that was part time for 5 years.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

WDH

I know that this is exciting.  Keep cutting that walnut!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Percy

Quote from: 123maxbars on August 23, 2016, 05:52:52 PM
After owning my Woodmizer now for 6 years and reading/asking/obtaining all the information I could get in my head (most from this forum) I have taken on a new position in life and have gone full-time with sawing.  I completed this in July of this year and I am about two months into this venture and things are going great so far. I am blessed to have a supported wife (with a great income/benefits) that encouraged this decision.  Right now I am logging my own timber on a local farm and selling my dried lumber to local and surrounding woodworkers in nearby cities.  So far it was a great move and more satisfying that my last career of 15 years (police detective).  I also as you guys noticed I make youtube videos also on my daily activities.  This is done out of a hobby of mine for video making. Well anyways I will keep you all updated on my progress and I attached my newest movie on the bottom.  WDH has been a great help to me also! I appreciate your knowledge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGPzw2BX-6g
Nice video! Walnut rules! Wish we had it up here.... How do you mix in the music in with the live sound?? I have sound recording equipment but in the video dept, I need to learn more...
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

thecfarm

Good for you. Get a market going and put out a good product and you will do well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

york

You may not like this,but now that your in business full time,you need to move your mill to a clean location and keep it clean-where your set up,is too small,is a mess,do your house work...
Albert

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations and good luck to you. I hope everything works out well for your and your family.

I hope you are numbering or marking those walnut slabs so you can bookmatch them in the future. I did not in the past but will be doing so in the future so if someone wants to make a really wide table or such they have them together for such projects. I'd think you can increase the sale price as well as moving them faster by doing so.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

OlJarhead

2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Thank You Sponsors!