iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 Hydraulic Microswitch

Started by Sixacresand, January 17, 2019, 07:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Just like that, the hydraulic pump would not run.  I checked everything I could do without tools.  Removed the cover from the hydraulic cavity, hot wired the sylenoid with screwdriver and the pump came to life.   Stripped a little insulation from both microswitch leads, touched and the pump fired up.  Next step, called WM and ordered a new one.  The WM tech suggested I mount a external toggle switch to activate the pump so I could run while waiting on the part.  And I did and got to finish the day.   

I did a forum search on this switch problem and found good information and tips from a thread started 8 or 9 years ago.  Good deal.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

terrifictimbersllc

I don't like changing that switch.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

That microswitch is very sensitive and has a really small area of operation!

Lot of fussing to get it right, just be patient and you'll get it set right!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Dave Shepard

I have a toggle switch in the front of thre hydraulics box, I think where the switch for the live deck goes. I unhooked it when I put the new micro switch in, but it wouldn't take more than a couple minutes to hook it back up. It could easily be left in for an emergency. Yes, the micro switch is a bit fiddly for big hands to install. I think I took the valve bank off completely. A mechanic friend once told me if something is in your way, take it off and toss it on the bench, air conditioning lines excluded, of course.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

woodworker9

Changed mine, along with the solenoid, 2 weeks ago.  PITA.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Sixacresand

One tip I read on the forum was to put the bolt nuts on the switch side, which I think I will do.  

Dave Shepard,  I think I will also leave the backup switch mounted.    

I know this is a minor problem for most of you, but thanks to everyone for your input.  

BTW, the part will probably be delivered today
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!