iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arrived from Kentucky

Started by aaronc, November 26, 2018, 07:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronc

I ran into this place doing research for future chainsaw purchase. I'm interested in a pro grade stihl down the road...more about that in a future post. After looking around it was full of info on a variety of my interest including trees. I do an occasional hatchet/axe refinish...do some antler bone carving,..and some other things..anyway I like the subject matter here,..heres a refinish or 2 to share for my initial post. Down the road gents. -Aaron

Well I'll do that when I look up how to post pics,..

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, aaronc!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

aaronc

Ok,..lets try this...a hatchet and a tiger maple hand plane,...some before and after pics,..

thecfarm

Glad you found us!! Welcome.
Like that hatchet handle.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

Welcome, sweet looking tools!!!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

samandothers

Welcome aaronc!

Very nice work, like that tiger maple.  Share some of your carvings also,please.

maple flats

Welcome aboard, nice to have you here.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

aaronc

Quote from: samandothers on November 26, 2018, 09:33:35 AM
Welcome aaronc!

Very nice work, like that tiger maple.  Share some of your carvings also,please.

Here ya go,....2 moose palms and a giraffe bone. Giraffe bone is in process on the bench at moment..hopefully get done this winter. ...and I'll throw in some scrim. I work with a horn maker named Bill Smith,...I'm the scratch

man,..scrimshaw that is.  

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

samandothers

Thank you for sharing.  Quite amazing!  The detail is really nice on your work.

Is that an air filter in the back ground for smoke and debris?

aaronc

Quote from: samandothers on November 26, 2018, 07:52:07 PM
Thank you for sharing.  Quite amazing!  The detail is really nice on your work.

Is that an air filter in the back ground for smoke and debris?
Your welcome and thank you for the comments,..yes it is a simple box filter.  It catches the finer dust from the carving,,,anything that would basically be inhaled. 
I take the filter outside on occasion and blow it out. It's lasted me quite a while

East ky logging

Welcome and you do amazing work.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

Thank You Sponsors!