iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guest room cabinet

Started by 21incher, March 30, 2019, 04:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Just finished up a cabinet for our guest room. kind of like a one cabinet that does it all.

It has a natural edge walnut top and the rest is ash. The bottom panels are fabric coated to match the bedding.

There is a pullout desk surface

a pullout shelf

and a nice size drawer. Just have to build the matching bench. Thought I would let you know that I am still kicking.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

Love the way the top of the cabinet rolls over. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hacknchop

Rhonda says it's not only beautiful its also highly functional I think that's great .
Often wrong never indoubt

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Great piece
I have a bunch of ash to mill up
The ash looks good.
Glad to hear from you.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

Quote from: WDH on March 30, 2019, 08:42:28 PM
Love the way the top of the cabinet rolls over.  

An electric planer and belt sander made it a quick job.  Should help keep the corners from being nicked up.

21incher

Quote from: hacknchop on March 30, 2019, 09:15:22 PM
Rhonda says it's not only beautiful its also highly functional I think that's great .

Thanks.  Trying to squeeze as much into the small room as possible.

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on March 30, 2019, 09:18:51 PM
That top is special!!

Any wood that comes from the backyard is special.   Had to use 2 slabs trimmed one side and glued up to get perfect bark on both sides and straight sap wood lines.

21incher

Quote from: Bruno of NH on March 30, 2019, 09:22:44 PM
Great piece
I have a bunch of ash to mill up
The ash looks good.
Glad to hear from you.

With the EAB I use a lot of ash. It is easy to work and stable after dry. It will yellow slightly in a couple months.   My YouTube channel has really started growing and takes up all my spare time anymore. Hope you're taking it easy and starting to heal.

Ljohnsaw

8) That is a great functional piece!  And beautiful, too!  I think I'm going to have to make a couple like that for my cabin - one for each of the two bedrooms.  I've got some antique armouir (sp) to use as closets in each room but need a little something more in them.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WLC

Very nice!! Beautiful and functional piece of furniture.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

fishfighter

Nice job. Built one somewhat like that for the bathroom in my guest house.

It is more for storage and to do laundry. A stackable w&d is just across from it.

Thank You Sponsors!