iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cheap source for epoxy resin and vinyl bags

Started by Qukeyt, August 13, 2020, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qukeyt

Turning some spalted maple and would like to use epoxy resin to stabilize the wood. Anyone got any sources they use that are just downright cheap? Max amount I'm looking for is a 1 gal (total) kit...I've seen the price on that kit at roughly $70. Something tells me that it can be found at a better price elsewhere. Additionally, where might I find vinyl bags? Thanks

doc henderson

I am currently paying 157 bucks for just over a gallon for low viscosity penetrating, not cheap.  total boat.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DR_Buck

I've dealt the these guys.    They have a lot of experience as well if you have questions.     There is also a great bunch of videos on how to do lots of stuff with epoxy coatings.

https://www.stonecoatcountertops.com/home?gclid=CjwKCAjwydP5BRBREiwA-qrCGhR08fYPtpNzL3-WkCcIKGZWkNdPRrj9FkNbWA5I_OYQHnv863VI6RoC6xIQAvD_BwE
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!