iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Windows in shop- yes or no?

Started by alan gage, August 27, 2020, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

aigheadish

Shelving, with windows in the way, will definitely be an issue as my shop starts to fill up. With very limited floor space I'm going to have to be very creative with storing all kinds of stuff on the walls, as well as decorations/signs/knickknacky junk, etc. I just took down my wall of storage in my old shop area so I can reorganize it a bit but now find that I have a bunch of junk with no where to go.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

doc henderson

I am still unpacking from our move.  I have boxes still not unpacked, in part as there is not place to put it.  finishing cabinets.  I have a big shelf over many window.  with 12 foot sidewalls.  I also have 4 skylights in the roof/ceiling.  I set small things on the window ledge.  did I mention we moved here 20 years ago, and built the shop in 2005.  I have done most of the interior on my own, between kids and work.  I heat and cool in the appropriate seasons.  for ventilation I open doors.  I might open a window 4 times a year.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

aigheadish

Haha! Nice to hear I'm not the only one who takes a long time to get things done, though I have a feeling you @doc henderson live a much busier life than me...
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

doc henderson

most of us are busy, so many hours in a day.  I will take some pics to add later.  should make you feel better if you have a messy shop as well.   :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

alan gage

Quote from: doc henderson on March 02, 2021, 02:00:29 PM
I will take some pics to add later.  should make you feel better if you have a messy shop as well.   :D
Yes, please do. I always love seeing pictures of your shop. Not that I'm any better but it makes me feel good to know I'm not alone.

Actually my shop is better right now because it's only been built for a year so while it's already quite full the clutter is still building.

I did build this shop smaller than my last one. One reason was because of available building space and also because I realized I only used a relatively small percentage of my old one and that all that extra space let me pile and store things willy nilly. Hoping less space will force to me to keep things organized a bit more. I'll know how it worked out in 5 years or so.

I've already put shelving units and freestanding shelves for lumber on almost all the clear spaces of wall not taken up by doors or machines and I need to add more. Still glad I didn't put any windows in (the man door and overhead door both have windows).

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

doc henderson

neat as a pin!   :)  I have been organizing, but always look in the old place for stuff first. 

alan gage

Wow, impressive! Nice work.

I didn't see any shots of the floor though. :)

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Thank You Sponsors!