iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 24, 2021, 06:39:47 AM
I have not seen a biting insect in the woods for 3 days. :D
BZZZZZZ...........buzzzz........BZZZZBZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZZZ.......buzzz...... darn deer flies! Annoying orbiters!
A1

HemlockKing

A cold 50 degree this morning! 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

Got .3 of rain yesterday am, by 2pm it was all dried up. Fire danger never even dropped down. Now today there is a red flag extreme fire danger warning. 

The .3" was great but we need lots more.

SwampDonkey

I put some water on some of the gardens here, 100 gallons. I see clouds moving in. Was 62F this morning here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Raining this morning. Don't care. I'm outside for it, ain't got time for it. 

That field I have cut, the oak seedlings are sprouting everywhere, despite no oak in that immediate area but spruce, must have been some oak there years ago and those acorns were just a waiting in the soil  for a long time for a opening! Deer has easy Pickens. Keeps them off my pine seedlings, gonna bush hog it back down anyway this fall.
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 25, 2021, 09:07:34 AM
Got .3 of rain yesterday am, by 2pm it was all dried up. Fire danger never even dropped down. Now today there is a red flag extreme fire danger warning.

The .3" was great but we need lots more.
Well with it that it that dry you'd want the rain a bit gradual not in a down pour, the ground would be so compact and dry I imagine everywhere would flood real quick lol 
A1

thecfarm

66° and suppose to get to the low 80's today. Warmest day of the 10 day forecast. Tomorrow high 70's than it drops back to the low 70's. Last year was kinda on the cool side too. But that can change.
We had about 3-4 hours of rain yesterday. Started around 9am stopped maybe around noon or 1. Kinda odd on the rain back. Most years lawns are kinda on the brown side now. Now there are all green!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on July 26, 2021, 05:48:50 AM
66° and suppose to get to the low 80's today. Warmest day of the 10 day forecast. Tomorrow high 70's than it drops back to the low 70's. Last year was kinda on the cool side too. But that can change.
We had about 3-4 hours of rain yesterday. Started around 9am stopped maybe around noon or 1. Kinda odd on the rain back. Most years lawns are kinda on the brown side now. Now there are all green!!!
Same here on the lawn. We usually get a dry heat wave around this time of year, the contrast of events from west vs east coast this year has been pretty crazy. Some super droughts, some areas like OGH area only rain for weeks 
A1

SwampDonkey

I don't remember any cool here last year, 80's and 90's all summer. Got it written down to. :D Today we got 0.5" of rain from a thunder clapper. Then it turned muggy and hot in the 80's. But suppose to cool off tomorrow night into the 40's and be clear Wednesday, wet with showers the rest of the week. I waited out the clapper for 1/2 an hr, but the other boys went home. I stayed until 3:00 and got 1-1/2 acres cut in plantation. When a clapper hits your block you get to the truck. One strike hit dead centre ka-bango!!. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Had a bad clapper
Storm last week. Was outside for it but had no choice to go inside since it got so intense, later I find out the church just down the road got struck on the steeple and half burned down. Stuff was scary and I usually a good boom storm
A1

chevytaHOE5674

The guessers keep putting 70% chances of rain and T-storms in the forecast and nothing ever happens. Still sitting at less than 2" of rain since May 1st. 

Neighbors herd of cattle went on a truck today. Been cows on the farm steady since 1906 he says, now the place sits empty looking like a desert. He's not the first or the last to go under this year sadly. I'll be there pretty quick at this rate. 

SwampDonkey

You're getting what we had last year chevy, we never had rain for weeks until Oct-Nov before it let loose, any damp spell was mist during the summer. The woods should have been closed by rights, but the Irvings told the government you're about to lay off lots of folks if you do that. And the Irvings have pull, so it never closed. But the Irvings also put every able bodied employee on fire watch duty, including contractors and their workers.

HemlockKing

Air quality statement. Think I can see the smoke on the air it's sunny but real hazey out, can see it just 100 ft 
A1

SwampDonkey

Yes, them fires from Ontario sending smoke our way. Got to 78F here today. Air is going to be dryer tomorrow, less of the muggies. Possibly 40's F for the next two nights.

chevytaHOE5674

Bad thunderstorm last night but it only dropped .1" of rain. Officially the worst drought since records have been kept. Chance of rain tomorrow but they keep lessening the amount and the % chance. Looking like we will stay below 2" of rain fall May-July, when we would normally see that amount in the first week of May.

Ponds and dug outs are drying up. Swamps, creeks, and small rivers are dry as well. I'm fortunate enough to have 4 drilled wells across the 2 farms so I'm able to spread my water usage out. Others are pumping their wells dry with pond and creek water and having to haul water from the big lake or an artesian well for their animals. 

wisconsitom

That's terrible dry, chev. Just a hundred miles away, we're in store for heavy storms later today and tonight.  And while the year did also start out very dry here, we're all but caught up in rainfall totals at this point.  But it can still get too hot in between the rains.

In level 4 out of 5 for severe impacts later.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

SwampDonkey

Yeah that's terrible dry. We had to watch our water use for sure. Well is only 80 feet here, but it's been a good well, never been dry. Only garden watering was from the creek here last summer, same this year. Lots of natural springs around here and an artesian just a step down the road. I've seen wells on the headpond go dry, not here on the ridge.

Today it reached 68F for a high, sunny. Cut over 2 acres with the clearing saw on plantation.

thecfarm

Had some rain again last night. Started around 6pm. Lasted a couple hours. Not watering the garden at all now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

A1

thecfarm

That does not look good. That's how the sun looked the other day. Just the sun. 
I have 45° here this morning. That's a little on the cool side for this time of year.

SwampDonkey

Was 52F this morning on the porch, 70F now. Showers moving in tonight and tomorrow. Not much rain I don't think.

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 29, 2021, 12:37:50 PM
Was 52F this morning on the porch, 70F now. Showers moving in tonight and tomorrow. Not much rain I don't think.
We are gonna get hammered with thunder showers tomorrow according to my ventusky radar. So much that any work outside may be a right off. Sometimes I say dang it and go for it, once you get soaked what's the big deal anyway
A1

HemlockKing

If you're on the Maine coast best hunker down. Seeing very heavy rain and thunder tonight around 12. Comes our way around 3 -6 am
A1

thecfarm

Been raining since about 3pm,it's a little past 9:30pm now.

SwampDonkey

Just sprinkly showers here, you guys took all the water out of them clouds. :D

Looking at the radar shows the rain south of here a few miles. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!