The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Finally my shop is clean and complete  (Read 743 times)

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Finally my shop is clean and complete
« on: January 11, 2021, 07:46:12 PM »
I have about 700 sq feet in my basement for my wood shop and am out of room. Just made a quick video walk through after spending a couple months moving things around and rearranging to make all tools accessible and usable. Everything has a place now and nothing on the floor to trip over. I no longer have to spend hours looking for tools or breathing clouds of sawdust.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: Finally my shop is clean and complete
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 08:02:29 PM »
   I hate you. :D Okay, I'm just jealous. That is sure a good looking shop. Well done and I know it was a lot of effort to get it looking like that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
That sure looks nice. Very impressive. Im sure youll enjoy the organization. I know I would, but doubt I could get everything that organized. If I did, it would probably last about 2 days.  :D

Im curious though- I didnt know the word complete ever went with the word shop.  ??  I thought theres always something to get, do, or add. You may be the very first in history to achieve completed status. 

Nice work. 

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »

I hate you. :D Okay, I'm just jealous. That is sure a good looking shop. Well done and I know it was a lot of effort to get it looking like that.

Thanks.  It's a  little tight but works well for  my projects. Just got tired of breathing  sawdust and constantly looking for tools. 

That sure looks nice. Very impressive. Im sure youll enjoy the organization. I know I would, but doubt I could get everything that organized. If I did, it would probably last about 2 days.  :D

Im curious though- I didnt know the word complete ever went with the word shop.  ??  I thought theres always something to get, do, or add. You may be the very first in history to achieve completed status.

Nice work.

Thanks. Complete  means out of room for anything else ;D Funny  thing is having  a spot  for everything saves a lot of looking  for time and having  dust collection hooked to everything saves clean up time. Took over 60 years for me to learn how cleaning up after each project actually  saves time in the long run.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline farmfromkansas

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
Think I spent more time fixing up my shop, arranging and re arranging everything, putting in dust system, and then re doing it 2 times, finally got it so it suits me, than building projects.   But maybe I need to think of all the projects that I have turned out in the last 15 years.  More stuff I buy, more room needed to store the stuff. Am out of room for any more shelves, or racks.  Machines are very well arranged, just need to limit buying more tools and supplies.  Maybe I need an addition.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Offline terrifictimbersllc

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Terrific Timbers LLC
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 08:56:40 PM »
I need to get a virtual reality helmet and hook it up to your video.   Then I wouldnt need any more tools or anything else for that matter.  >:(  >:(
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:08:53 PM »
Think I spent more time fixing up my shop, arranging and re arranging everything, putting in dust system, and then re doing it 2 times, finally got it so it suits me, than building projects.   But maybe I need to think of all the projects that I have turned out in the last 15 years.  More stuff I buy, more room needed to store the stuff. Am out of room for any more shelves, or racks.  Machines are very well arranged, just need to limit buying more tools and supplies.  Maybe I need an addition.
I have been doing  that for years also. Wish I  could do an addition but its 8 feet underground in that area

I need to get a virtual reality helmet and hook it up to your video.   Then I wouldnt need any more tools or anything else for that matter.  >:(  >:(

That may not be far off :o.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 06:09:19 AM »
Clean and complete, used in the same sentence.  ???    ;D
Good for you!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2021, 09:17:33 AM »
Clean and complete, used in the same sentence.  ???    ;D
Good for you!!!

Thanks.  Never thought I would  use them together either. It's part of getting old and not wanting  to tear down  walls to add more room. :o

Offline alan gage

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2021, 10:00:20 AM »
That looks great. A lot of equipment in a small space but still looks like a lot of working room.

If you're anything like me you're telling yourself that you'll never let it get out of control again, knowing you're lying to yourself all along. :)

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »
That looks great. A lot of equipment in a small space but still looks like a lot of working room.

If you're anything like me you're telling yourself that you'll never let it get out of control again, knowing you're lying to yourself all along. :)

Alan
It's definitely a tight fit but finally made it all useable. For big projects I can work in the next room over. This time I mean it ;D.

Found some nice affordable 20VDewalt battery holders last year and they finally arrived. Made a quick video in case anyone is looking for some

Offline samandothers

• Senior Member x2
  • Been learning on FF since 1/20/12
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »
Clean, definitely!  Complete....?  Time will tell.  Could be a future video of some equipment add or change out.

Did you do a video on creating your dust collection system?  I would like to know more about it.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:58 PM »
Clean, definitely!  Complete....?  Time will tell.  Could be a future video of some equipment add or change out.

Did you do a video on creating your dust collection system?  I would like to know more about it.

Only thing left is a replacement drill press with longer quill travel. I recently  made some videos  about  installing  a super dust deputy and that has solved most of my problems.  All the ducting  is just PVC sewer pipe with bare copper ground wires inside it and grounded to the machines that everyone  laughs about but it works good for me only using one machine at a time. I use a 2 hp grizzly 1600cfm blower and the canister  filter that came with  it. Just piped the filter off in a corner to move some of the noise away from the machines.  I tried  a grizzly growler before the  dust deputy and that was very inefficient. The dust  deputy  does a good job at keeping  the filter clean. I also built a level alarm for the chip barrel that works 99% of the time. Do a search  for dust deputy on my channel and there are 2 recent videos about what I have settled on.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Complete Woodturning Shop For Sale

Started by Burlkraft on For Sale

0 Replies
Last post February 15, 2018, 07:54:02 PM
by Burlkraft
xx
The move to the farm is complete, finally

Started by 123maxbars on Sawmills and Milling

7 Replies
Last post January 01, 2019, 11:25:08 PM
by Crossroads
xx
Log arch build finally complete Video added )

Started by 21incher on Sawmills and Milling

209 Replies
Last post January 12, 2018, 12:44:45 PM
by 21incher
xx
finally have some heat in the shop (with pic's)

Started by blaze83 on General Board

9 Replies
Last post February 12, 2009, 09:21:20 PM
by ohsoloco