iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Electric Splitter Maintenance?

Started by ReggieT, February 21, 2021, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReggieT

Hey Guys,

Got a little 9 ton POWERHOUSE electric splitter.
I've ran it off & on for about 2 yrs now.
It's been a real back & time saver.

Keep it plugged it & putting in work in our garage.
How often should I change the hydraulic fluid and is there anything else to look at maintenance wise?
This splitter has really been reliable and handy...yet like anything its gonna need something sooner or later...just trying to stay ahead of the disaster curve.

Appreciate it.
Reg
NOTE FROM ADMIN. OFFSITE PHOTOS NOT ALLOWED. PLEASE READ POSTING RULES

sawguy21

Keep the oil topped up and the beam free of pitch. Not much else to them.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ReggieT

I would've thought I'd be putting a file to the edge of the splitting wedge...NOT!
I guess the snarly wood is keeping it sharp, because it is crazy keen!
Apologies...I forgot about posting offsite pics...a mere point of reference. ::)

doc henderson

remember, it is a splitter not a cutter.  too sharp and it cuts.  the idea is to seperate and follow the grain until it pops open and is "split".  too fine and edge and it will bend to one side or the other and then torque your "wedge".
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

nice little unit if you do not have cords to do, and better than by hand, although prob. not as fast.  If you want to post the pic, add it to your gallary then upload to the thread.  easiest to take a pic on your phone, and then put it in you gallary from the phone.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

ReggieT

It's a handy lil rascal for my limited usage.
I do about 4-5 cords a year, yet I alternate between the noodling with the MS 660, Fiskars, an 8 lb maul, and the unit.
Good advice on the pics, it's no biggie. Got so much on my plate right now...I forgot.
Everybody on here knows what a freaking splitter looks like anyhow!:D

Thank You Sponsors!