iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bone Chillin'/Tooth Chatterin'....

Started by Magicman, February 01, 2021, 03:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

-59 is real, I've done -43  at a Lake of the woods Ice fishing camp,  not far away it hit -53. They had us wait a day they were worried the propane would quit flowing out on the ice for the fish houses.  We will get to -20 overnight here. Fire is burning.  

GAB

Quote from: Nebraska on February 14, 2021, 07:50:20 PM
-59 is real, I've done -43  at a Lake of the woods Ice fishing camp,  not far away it hit -53. They had us wait a day they were worried the propane would quit flowing out on the ice for the fish houses.  We will get to -20 overnight here. Fire is burning.  
In January of '76 while in Seba Beach Alberta the word was one morning that the propane was froze in the tanks in some areas.  The following week there was a chinook and it was mud in the work area.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

Our radar is showing that the precipitation has passed us leaving about 1 1/2" of sleet. We are at 24 degrees and a falling temperature forecast to be about 12 degrees in the morning.

The Plumbers will be full speed ahead tomorrow replacing burst water pipes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sublime68charger

Minus 22 this morning and the wood boiler still have 1/3 of the firebox with wood and I have filled the firebox last night at 5pm and at 7am happy with that.  be able to make it threw the night and still have heat left in the system and able to refill and not have to be worried for the day.

Also house is at 72 degrees!  My workshop is at 60!  

my first year on the boiler and its getting a workout for sure!

Magicman

We are at 31° and no power due to the many frozen rain coated SYP limbs that fell during last evening & nights weather.  SYP limbs are not designed to hold the weight and snap off.  It was a devastating event and there are many roads closed and many thousands of folks without power.  They are reporting that 30% of our county is without power and 60% of the county where my property and Cabin is.

Here is part of what is in my front yard and that ain't snow, it's ice.  I am thankful that I made that last firewood haul from the Cabin because the fireplace insert is our only heat.  ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Logger RK

The other day it went down to -50 on My Hoopdee thermomator. Had the same one in it a few years & that's the coldest IV seen it. I went to plug it in & it was -49,went back to see if it hit -50. It was & I took 2 pic,first one -50 the second went back up to -49 & went up from there

cutterboy

I feel for you Magicman. Ice storms are the very worst winter weather. We had a bad one up here in December of 08. No power for a week.
Good thing you have your insert Magic, I hope your wood supply holds out. Best of luck to you.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

WDH

You could probably get by with burning SYP limbs in your insert.  You should have a few  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

GAB

Danny @WDH tell us about your glaciated southern experience.
Are you in the plumbing business today?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

BrushSaw

20F heat wave today, full sunshine. OWB will barely run today.

The vortex sure put a dent in the woodpile, lows in the -20 to -35 make for a hungry smoke dragon. Anyone selling firewood in my neck of the woods made some serious coin. 
can't have anything nice...

sawguy21

Quote from: GAB on February 14, 2021, 07:59:40 PM
Quote from: Nebraska on February 14, 2021, 07:50:20 PM
-59 is real, I've done -43  at a Lake of the woods Ice fishing camp,  not far away it hit -53. They had us wait a day they were worried the propane would quit flowing out on the ice for the fish houses.  We will get to -20 overnight here. Fire is burning.  
In January of '76 while in Seba Beach Alberta the word was one morning that the propane was froze in the tanks in some areas.  The following week there was a chinook and it was mud in the work area.
GAB
I spent too many years not far from there, I don't miss the cold a bit! We expect frigid temperatures and are generally prepared but still get caught offguard occasionally. Stay warm and safe everyone, spring is not far off.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

We just got our electricity back on so the Central Heat is back.  The fireplace can now resume it's job which is supplying supplemental heat.  fire_smiley

It's 43° outside now and we are forecast to get to 54° today and 63° tomorrow.  The forecast is for the 50's & 60's all next week.

I have 4 customers ready and waiting for sawing so maybe I can knock one of them out next week.   ;D

Magicman

My firewood usage has gone flat.  ::)  The forecast is 76° Sunday.  :o

Hilltop366

from too cold to too warm (for me) in a few days!

SwampDonkey

It got 10 degrees colder here, from 32 to 22F ;D But I have windows open in this solar heating situation, so the burning is minimum. In fact I can't even feel cold from the open window 3 feet away. 84F says the thermometer on the shelf. Love it! :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!