iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood wall

Started by doc henderson, February 24, 2021, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

@DonW I love the panel wall, and one I may consider.  see what the wife thinks.  A big thing in places is a quilt block pattern, on old barns made from wood.  usually painted and somehow represents the family.  anyone have these or understand the pattern.  like a coat of arms, especially in old farm county, Amish ect.  It would be differing wood species as a focal point, not the whole wall.  we are doing the snap together planks for the same reason.  5 door thresholds, and trying to work through them, and not put a cross piece.  we have in floor radiant heat, so not a fan of nails into the floor.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

DonW

Quote from: doc henderson on March 04, 2021, 11:26:14 AM
@DonW I love the panel wall, and one I may consider.  .  we have in floor radiant heat, so not a fan of nails into the floor.
Thanks, very enjoyable work. When I ran short on sawn stock for panels I remembered a leftover oak out back which I rived  into quarter stock to finish out gluing up the remainder

Your floor idea sounds like a parquet. Simplify by grooves at parimeter with splines. No nails required. 
Hjartum yxa, nothing less than breitbeil/bandhacke combo.

doc henderson

getting though a door jam into another room is the issue.  snap together requires a left to right placement, with some backwards stuff on a small scale.  trimming and getting under the jams when the plank is parallel to the door is tough.  I think the door stops are glued and cannot be removed.  I want to lay though the door into the next room without a transition piece.  I also have a flooring to carpet transition, and can buy a piece for that.

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!