The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Built-Rite or Wolfe Ridge?  (Read 762 times)

Offline PoginyHill

• Gentleman logger
    • Share Post
Re: Built-Rite or Wolfe Ridge?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »
Thanks, Countryboy. I have considered processors. Can't find much under $20k, including used. But not sure I'm ready for that plunge yet. If I do, would likely be a post-retirement gig selling enough to make it worthwhile. For now, upgrading my Troy-Built for the 10-15 cords/yr I need seems right.
Kubota M7060, Cat E70B, Case 310, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 391

Offline hedgerow

• Share Post
Re: Built-Rite or Wolfe Ridge?
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2021, 09:56:38 AM »

I never ran a TW but the auto-cycle function on my Eastonmade was flawless and to me was a big productivity gain. Once I hit "go" I was free to be loading the log lift etc. and that amounts to half of the cycle time so I am curious what went wrong for you?
I like the idea behind the Prince auto cycle valve and have used a lot of prince valves on many projects. It just seems the auto cycle valve can be a little finicky and sensitive on the temp of the oil due to weather that changes the pressure on the system and can cause the valve to kick out when you don't want it to. When I ran the splitter I didn't have any issues I would just adjust the valve if needed. I don't think the helpers liked the two lever operation and how it had to be ran if you need to stop and back up. We do a ton of hedge and locust and it nasty splitting wood a lot of the time. My helpers just like a one lever detent return valve so that what I have on the splitter they run. I still have the auto cycle on my processor but I am the only one that runs it. I do have to reset the pressure once in a while. I just thing before any one spends the money that one cost they need to run one on the wood they are going to split and see if it works for there operation. Its like multi wedges they work good for some and others need to leave them alone. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Built-Rite processor.

Started by BargeMonkey on Firewood and Wood Heating

3 Replies
Last post September 04, 2015, 11:18:46 PM
by millcreek40
xx
built rite processors

Started by OH logger on Firewood and Wood Heating

0 Replies
Last post September 14, 2015, 07:45:16 PM
by OH logger