iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best place to get a branding iron?

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, March 10, 2021, 09:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeerMeadowFarm

I'm wondering where I could get a branding iron made with our farm logo. Any suggestions?

btulloh

HM126

alan gage

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on March 10, 2021, 09:42:56 AM
I'm wondering where I could get a branding iron made with our farm logo. Any suggestions?
I got one from Gearheart industries and have been happy with it. Made in the US. I don't use mine a lot so I got one of the models that needs to be heated up. They have electric ones as well.
Handy online designer allows you to quickly make up and submit your own basic designs with templates, which is what I used as I wasn't looking for anything fancy. You can submit your own artwork though and possibly work with them to have them create what you need.
It was for this guy's birdhouse business:

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Tom King

blackfoot griz

What is your brand/logo?  If it isn't too complicated, a local welding fabrication shop could be a possibility.

HemlockKing

Quote from: blackfoot griz on March 21, 2021, 09:54:17 PM
What is your brand/logo?  If it isn't too complicated, a local welding fabrication shop could be a possibility.
This is what I was thinking, might be cheaper this way. Plasma cutter job
A1

kantuckid

Perhaps a skilled welder could laydown a bead that made your logo if it's very basic or stylized to allow less fine detail? Sometimes simple is most emphatic.
Branding iron style or large solder iron type of tool with a small flat steel plate holding the design. 
It could the be smoothed flat using a sander and maybe require some small burr clean up's of wide spots in the bead. 
I've used my art class monogram/initials via a high quality woodburning pen for many years as a lifelong woodworker. At times I add a note if appropriate on the wood source and typically date a project for posterity's sake. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Joe Perkins

Quote from: alan gage on March 10, 2021, 10:03:51 AM
Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on March 10, 2021, 09:42:56 AM
I got one from Gearheart industries and have been happy with it. Made in the US. I don't use mine a lot so I got one of the models that needs to be heated up. They have electric ones as well.
Handy online designer allows you to quickly make up and submit your own basic designs with templates, which is what I used as I wasn't looking for anything fancy. You can submit your own artwork though and possibly work with them to have them create what you need.
It was for this guy's birdhouse business:

Alan
How much it costs? Looks like a good one.

ESFted

A gentleman from one of my woodworking forums has turned his hobby into a successful business.  No connection, but he does great work, as you can see from his gallery.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

Thank You Sponsors!