iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone remember this ad?

Started by Don P, April 20, 2021, 08:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

A trip down memory lane  :)
I was in the "reading room" this morning and pulled out a magazine. It was only 42 years old but I had stuck it in there cause it had an article that looked interesting  :D.

I opened it up and spotted this ad. Always thought it was a neat idea but the company seems to have gone in a different direction.

chet

Would I be dating myself if I said I remember that ad in Popular Mechanics magazines. I think Don's other great idea may have caught on just a tad bit better.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kindlinmaker

I'm right there with you Chet.  Probably the same issue that predicted we would all be riding around in flying saucers by now.

Bet we could remarket one as a Genuine Antique Analog CNC Machine.  Price it high enough and some fool with more money than brains will think they're getting a deal on a rare find tool.
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

Jeff

I talked to someone recently that has one, but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

firefighter ontheside

I've never seen that.  Looks a little like this apparatus I have, but don't use.  Its called a mill-route.  It just hangs on my shop wall.  I should try to sell it.  There's a stylus that rides on the object to be copied and the router mounted on other side routes out the piece as you move the stylus around the original.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

21incher

I still have my popular mechanics magazines from the early 70s. Fun to browse through them to remember what life used to be like. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Larry

Back in the day I made a few custom gunstocks.  Thought that machine would be just ticket.  Cost more money than what I had so I bought something sold by Craftsman called the Router Recreator.  Only made a couple of things with it, but it collected lots of dust before I get rid of it.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

firefighter ontheside

I'm thinking of using the parts from this thing to make a router plane for the mill  bed.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

I had saved that copy of Fine Woodworking because it had an article on circular sawmills and another on timberframing. The sawmill article mentioned that the small time ways to make lumber were small circle mills and chainsaw mills, bandsaw headrigs were big mill machines. I wonder if that article got Don's gears turning.

petefrom bearswamp

I had one briefly which came with my LT40hd back in 2001.
Never used it and sold it on ebay.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!