The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: WV Catfish 2021  (Read 1042 times)

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Re: WV Catfish 2021
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2021, 09:35:17 PM »
Danny,

I took up my lines today and all he had to do was follow along and he could have had plenty of dead bream as I took them off the lines. Many were still alive and just swam off but I threw lots on the bank for the mink and coons and herons.

Here he is.

And here is Sampson growling at him. Probably the bravest thing he has done all week. :D

The trotline was bust without a single fish on it. Oh well, you have to experiment to find out. We had 3 catfish on the lines. Two were in a cove about 35-40 feet apart. One was a nice flathead beside a big old walnut log in the water. I told my partner yesterday to give me a big bait as I was sure there was a big one under it. I am sure he, a flathead, weighed over 20 lbs and the next one, a blue, was over 15. Together the three weighed about 40-45 lbs which meant 25-26 lbs of boneless fillets. That is typically about what I plan on when feeding 90 people at a normal fish fry with all the fixings.

My partner got all the fish and there should be plenty to keep him stocked up for several months. Overall a pretty poor catch - 70-80 lbs for 3 nights fishing but we had a good time and I enjoyed the company and the time on the lake.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff on General Board

264 Replies
Last post September 28, 2021, 01:02:37 PM
by olcowhand
xx
catfish

Started by treefarmer87 on The Outdoor Board

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2012, 10:38:33 PM
by Magicman
xx
280 LB. CATFISH

Started by luvmexfood on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

8 Replies
Last post February 27, 2015, 05:43:58 AM
by cbla
xx
Catfish anyone???

Started by gator gar on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

32 Replies
Last post June 19, 2011, 07:27:07 PM
by Mooseherder