iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making some T&G

Started by metalspinner, May 06, 2021, 03:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

Quote from: metalspinner on August 06, 2021, 01:08:39 PM
Teakwood,
I toenailed them through the tongue right into the studs with a finish nailer.
gotcha.  and the bottom board? just nailed it visible because nobody will see the nail down there?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

metalspinner

The bottom board I used a finish head screw along the bottom edge and a toenail nail in the tongue. I thought the screw was needed to keep the bottom board tight in place as I was banging away on the next rows. 
I also used a laser level to shoot the bottom row horizontal and held the bottom row about 3/4" off the floor. 
I do plan to install a base board, But wanted to put a finish coat on the floor first. 
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

cabindoc

That is a beautiful job my man, so now 2 questions;  1 what will this room be for and 2 what will you do with the rest of the wood?  I hope it is stored indoors.
Scott  aka cabindoc  aka logologist at large
Woodmiser LT35 hyd
Kabota MX5400

metalspinner

This will be my "bench room" in my workshop. It's where most of my time is spent during the day... and night. 

I did have some extra T&G because I decided to leave lots of the defects in the boards. So I was able to squeeze more sqft from the pile. The remainder will move along into the next projects, I guess. 

If you are asking about the rest of my rough lumber stash?? It will remain stacked outdoors under the roofing metal. At some point, I do plan to add a lean-to shed onto the building for sheltered storage.

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!