iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyloc nuts on husky bar - yes or no

Started by Windy2, July 16, 2021, 12:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy2

Anyone tried nyloc nuts on a husky bar. Just trying to get some colored nuts so they don't get lost as easy when in the field. Most non silver nuts are only available in nyloc. Pros and cons? Thanks

Tacotodd

Even the nyloc's are only going to have a tiny bit that is going to be either white or black (typical commercial made). I don't see where the big advantage is going to be, plus it's going to be a hindrance when it comes to removing or even the typical chain tension adjustment. That said, what am I missing?

What about some sort of chemical stain applied to the regular nuts, but I can't think of anything that would give you some sort of higher visibility nut in the end.
Trying harder everyday.

Windy2

Might just be admitting to being lazy -  a good dip in some flouro paint would do a good job.

Tacotodd

It's just going to mostly chip off when you put your scrench on it.
Trying harder everyday.

Windy2

back to the old solution of always carrying a few spares :)

Tacotodd

That's why I keep 7ish (last time I counted) in my chainsaw tool box (50cal can).
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

Windy2, welcome to the forum.
Spares is the answer. I try to keep spare bar and at least 2 chains all the time too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

Maybe you could rig up some captive nuts. My little echo has a wire captured nut that's attached to the cover, as opposed to the more "professional" builtin nuts on my Stihls. If that applies to the bigger saws also, you might be able to get a couple echo nuts, and glue a mount for them on your clutch cover.

JohnW

I thought my eyes were getting bad, but I can still find the bar nuts.  Two spare is plenty for me.

Real1shepherd

I've only occasionally had this problem over the long yrs. But I have lost all the little cool Husky jet adjustment screwdrivers over the yrs;first a orange one and then many black ones. Black is a bad handle color for anything dropped on the ground! Just say NO to black handled tools used in the field.....lol.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!