iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tj200 transfer case

Started by krusty, July 16, 2021, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krusty

Anyone ever rebuild a transfer case for a tj200? The front output shaft (lower) came loose today and hope nothing internal damaged. Am sure it was due for new seals and fresh bearings anyways. I have read it is an np200 but its perfectly vertical and the shafts are not offset to the side at all. Heck while it is out I may actually get a brake cylinder mounted for fun!

tacks Y

Sorry no help on the rebuild.

Are you on the TJ junkies group? May want to try there.

mike_belben

If its really an NP200 from surplus power wagon m715 trucks than you want to seek out a guy who goes by "Elwenil" on the various offroad truck forums.  He is an old Tcase wizard in terms of having old dealer microfiche and part numbers, part sources etc.   Novak-adapt might be another good source.
Praise The Lord

krusty

I went to go look at it in a better mood and fresh eyes. Turns out it was the pinion nut that came off so an easy fix!

barbender

There is a guy out of Littlefork, MN named Cam Hardwig. He and his Dad have a equipment dealership called Northern Timberline iirc. I spent days trying to get Nortrax to help me find parts for an old TJ transfer case, they wouldn't lift a finger. Someone told me to call Cam, I did and in 10 minutes he had faxed me a parts diagram for the machine I was working on. Fun fact, some of those old transfer cases have cageless needle bearings on the end of the shafts in the transfer case. 
Too many irons in the fire

bushmechanic

FYI krusty it's a Rockwell Standard T32 

Thank You Sponsors!