TIMBCO down!

Started by Firewoodjoe, March 01, 2022, 02:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeroyjd

Firewoodjoe

Quote from: leeroyjd on May 02, 2022, 06:13:27 AM
Maybe it is the Dallas chip:
Fabtek Computer in Forestry and Logging
Right. That's what I was wondering. I'd like to hear back from the dealer. They are talking to the computer people. There's a website that sells only the encoders, the Dallas chips and the updated computer. Must be a reason. 

Firewoodjoe

Got it I think. I had wire and was still waiting to hear back from the tech guy so I just ran a new wire externally. Worked. Must be it had enough voltage to test but not to run the computer side of things. I'm going to test again tomorrow now that it functions and compare. The people I had talk to thought it was 6 volts and said my 4.7 was enough. Well I'm thinking not. 🤷‍♂️

barbender

That is a is very, very common problem with harvesters- voltage is present but a weak spot in a wire is not allowing enough current for the function to work. 
Too many irons in the fire

Ed_K

My son has a business selling used gps units and installing them on dozers,excavators,graders,and anything else that goes up an down automatically. He buys rebuilt parts puts them together and sell to his customers. Then he'll go to their job site and install it. He'll stay there till it operates correctly an the operator is comfortable doing his job.

Lately he's been doing nothing but building wiring harness's as he can't find any from his contacts. The whole garage has 4'x8' plywood nailed up for different machines with the diagram painted on to help run the wires.
Ed K

barbender

Wow Ed, I'd love to just be a fly on the wall in his shop. I et there's a lot of learning that could take place👍
Too many irons in the fire

Firewoodjoe

There's a big need for affordable people that can fix this stuff that seems to become obsolete so quickly. We as owner operators don't have the time to fix it correctly ourselves and the dealers don't want to take the time because they'd rather do the after sale torque spec/oil check on the 2022 they just sold. 🤷‍♂️ Every time I've called for a field mechanic Ive ended up fixing it myself (with the forums help 🙏)just waiting for them. 

Thank You Sponsors!