iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Zip bolts

Started by Wlmedley, June 06, 2022, 10:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wlmedley

Anyone using these to join slabs together?I ran across them online and thought they might work pretty good.Used them on a 2"thick poplar table top about a year ago and so far so good.

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Dan_Shade

Looks like a countertop connector...

Works well on mdf, should work to glue up slabs 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kantuckid

I guess my question is why not just glue the wood without the hardware? 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Wlmedley

I did glue it but I guess I wasn't sure glue would hold in the long term.I put these in later for a little insurance.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Don P

Looks like another countertop draw bolt. They work good, especially if you have to put a mitered corner together.

Dan_Shade

They could also be used instead of clamps for a glue up.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kantuckid

Glue works if the grain orientations OK, moisture content, temperature of wood and air around it, woods not too oily, etc.. Smithsonian has furniture glued up thats still one piece. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!