iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 236: Fitted pulley but screw won't bite? Help!

Started by Buel1000@, June 19, 2022, 06:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buel1000@

Hi all.

Newbie here. My Dad asked me to help fit the pulley and rope to the Husqvarna 236 of his. I fitted them and it seemed to work ok (good tension, rope pulled all the way back) but when I tried screwing the screw (1) to (2), as the images show, it just wouldn't bite enough to screw in.

Please can I ask for some help on this?

sablatnic

Maybe you are trying to use one for the cover - I believe they are thinner.
That, or the threads in the hole have gone bad.

Buel1000@

Thanks. The pulley (string) no longer pulls back in. If the screw has failed, is that what would happen?

DHansen

Look at the screw part number 530021179  Looks different than the screw you are using.  Did someone else take it apart, or has it been apart before?  Take the spring, spool and rope off.  Just hold the orange cover and use you fingers and see if the screw you are trying to use will thread into the hole and threads in the plastic cover.  Maybe the threads have been damaged, or its the wrong screw.  The one on my friends 240 is a torx bit head, not a hex style head.  Never had a 236 apart, so no first hand information.  Hope you can get it figured out.

DHansen

There are two springs on that style and system.  Easy start system I think is the name.  Not sure about that.  The "flat" style "tape looking" spring is the spring that will pull the rope back in.   With the rope all the way in, only wind up an additional 1/2 to 3/4 turn to further tightened the tape looking spring.  This spring is closes to the outside surface of the orange cover. 

Thank You Sponsors!