iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Refinishing white cedar deck

Started by SwampDonkey, July 14, 2022, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I've started refinishing my narrow deck that accesses the main porch from outside. I used Remove from BM, since the stain was a BM product. I let it stand 30 mins. This lifts to old off and with a deck brush and water to scrub and wash it away. I sanded the  surface with 80 grit and a belt sander for most of it, them some elbow grease in the recesses. I noticed I needed a little more Remove along the rail, so I applied that and the washed it all down again. So it damp now. There will be a final sanding tomorrow afternoon, vacuum up the dust and then apply new stain Saturday morning. There is another product you can use once the stain is off, it's 'Renew', but I like aged wood. :)

An in progress photo with the old stain off, sanded and washed down. It's lots of work, for sure. ;D

Still wet.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Finished sanding yesterday afternoon. A good 4 hr workout. :D

This morning I put on the stain with a roller, a brush was used in the cracks and crevasses. Looks good to me. ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!