iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyon 2022 Who's going , Meet up ?

Started by WV_hillbilly, September 05, 2022, 09:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Bunyon is only a month away.  I should be there on Saturday.

Who else is going and will there be a meet up?
Hillbilly

DbltreeBelgians

Me and my bride will be there on Friday for sure unless she wants to go Saturday also.

Brent

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Wlmedley

I am thinking about going.I've never been to one.According to goggle it's only about 2 1/2 hours away.Looks like it would be worth going to  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

WV Sawmiller

It looks like my wife and I will be coming up Friday night and going to see some of the events Saturday and meet some of the celebrities like Nathan (Out of the woods/ @123maxbars ) Elliot and see some of the LogRite folks.

We will probably just grab a cheap motel nearby and stroll over about 8:30 a.m. or so, If you are going to be up there Friday evening PM me with contact info and we might link up for dinner somewhere nearby.

FWIW,

@Wlmedley @jmouton @DbltreeBelgians @WV_hillbilly
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jim_Rogers

I'm going. I should be there Friday night to walk around Saturday.
To meet Mark and fricknjeep John Clark on Saturday as well as Nathan and the log rite crew's booth.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Cedarman

Looks like Ian and family will be there.  So I might as well show up too.
Will be there Sat.  Don't know about Fri night yet.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Wlmedley

I'm hoping to drive up Saturday.My little grandson has been sick and have been helping with him.Maybe see some of you there.Wishing I had a Forestry forum hat or something to be recognized.I could say be on the lookout for an old,bald ,ugly guy but I'm probably not the only one  :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Cedarman

I should have shorts on with gold suspenders.
Will stop by Logrite booth a few times.

Cedarman

Just found out temp is low 30's in morning to high 57 in aft.
Forget the shorts, I will be in jeans and sweathirt.
Still have gold suspenders though.

WV Sawmiller

I'll be in jeans with a denium shirt and hat both with my logo on it. I will check around the LogRite both. Was going to bring a heavy duty cant hook for a new rubber grip but have not heard from them if they can fix it there so I guess I'll leave it here and worry about that another day.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Jeff

The handles are put on with a compressed air jig. Not something they carry to shows, or at least it wasn't at the shows I worked with them in years past.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DbltreeBelgians

We'll since it looks like everyone that's going will be there on Saturday Jill and I will be there Saturday also instead of Friday. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Brent

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

We pulled into the Southland Park and Tiki bar hotel about 6:30 pm Friday, checked in and unloaded and went over to Cracker Barrel and ran into Jim Rogers as he came out. We slept in till about 8:00 am and grabbed a biscuit at McDs and got to the park just in time for the traffic cop to direct us to the most distant gate and parking lot. We got to the LogRite booth where Nathan was meeting people, talked then him, Jim came up and we met Furby. I got a call for another job back home while there then we rambled over to a proper bathroom for Becky. We'd watch the different chainsaw carvers and stop at the shops. Becky commented how nice and down to earth everyone was. I reminded her these were worker bees not lawyers and accountants. Lots of Amish were watching and shopping and one bought the last LogRite Mega hook at the booth while we were there.

We came back and watched the Baker slab flattener smooth a pretty cherry LE slab then over to the WoodMizer booth and met the Prez and members of the them I have talked to when placing orders or calling for help. Nice equipment nice folks. I talked to a couple of customers looking at the mill like mine.

Brent and his wife came over and it was great to see and talk with them again. I was ready to hang out more but Becky's hip started aching so we had to leave about 1:00 pm.

I'll plan on going to more of these shows in the future. I may have to find a friend or family member in the future to come and go shop with Becky while I hang out at the PBS. I encourage all to come if you can. I enjoyed meeting Furby & Nathan and seeing Jim and Brent again and hate I missed the others who were there.
Howard Green

DbltreeBelgians

Howard,
It was a pleasure to see you and Becky again. I really wish I could've met up with Jim Roger's and Cedarman. Guess just not in the right place at the right time. We briefly got a chance to say hi to Jim and Diane and I said hi to Nathan but he was a pretty busy guy and I really didn't get a chance to sit and chat with him. We spent quite a bit of time with Furby at the LogRite booth. It was great to see him again. While at LogRite Jill picked out a nice set of "Danielle" bench legs and I got a new end for my peavy to turn it into a cant hook. I really wanted a "hookaroon" but apparently I was a day late and a dollar short. Seems as though they sold out on Friday. I also got a chance to see Richard (Cutting-edge) and talk with him for a good while and ordered up another box of Kasco 4° blades. Thank you Richard. 
The only thing I couldn't find was a choker cable or self releasing snatch block for pulling out logs.
All in all it was a great day at the PBS meeting up with members and checking out all the equipment available.
Thanks again to all that we got to meet up with and sorry to the members we didn't get to see.

Brent

Wlmedley

I was there Saturday, but only for about 2 1/2 hours.My wife has had a lot of health issues,2 strokes in the last 5 years. I got to see a lot of equipment I had only read about.Actually I had never saw a band mill up close except for one I have.That big Baker mill was a beast.A lot of nice displays.Would have bought some bench legs from Logrite but was parked a long way off.Only bought a hat and chainsaw chain.Would have liked to have met some of you guys but with so many people would have been like looking for a needle in a haystack.All in all it was a nice outing for me.Noticed a Chinese company (LiuGong) had a loader on display and from what I could see they had copied Komatsu almost exactly so I guess American equipment is not the only ones being copied 

Jim_Rogers

I'm sorry I missed all you other guys as well.
I was there from 8 am to about 3pm or so.
Here is a shot of WV sawmiller meeting up with Maxbars123 Nathan Elliot:

In the foreground on the right beside the sign is a stack of kiln dried lumber that Nathan brought to sell. Some sold and all were very nice.

I like to watch videos of others sawing. Two guys I watch all the time is fricknjeep and Mark Galicic. They were going to both be there sharing a booth to promote they YouTube channels.
I had a chance to meet both of them as well as T.H.E. Eddie Horvath and ZZMark.

Above is John Clark from fricknjeep and below is Mark Galicic from Bus Motor Productions (BMP).

John brought an old, damaged saw blade for everyone who wanted to, to sign. He's going to hang it in is shop as a clock face:

Mark asked everyone who signed the saw to sign his banner that he hangs on the wall behind his carriage at his mill.

Two very nice guys along with Eddy and ZZMark.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

I also wanted to add that I did have several nice talks with Furby, Tamiam and Kevin of Logrite.
Although not pictures, you know how Furby is about pictures... :D

I also had a nice chat with Cedarman.

Jim Rogers

Dan30

Hello,

I was there and sincerely it was very instructive.

Thank You Sponsors!