iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Powderpost

Started by Don P, November 27, 2022, 06:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

I was cleaning up in the shop over the weekend, trying to use or lose some of the mountain of "too good to throw" wood in the way.

My sawhorses are about worn out, I'll leave them on this job so I was making a new batch of a half dozen. As I was collecting scrap 2x4 this poplar made it to my saw, and then to the woodstove.

This stick had bumped around the mill for several years so poor storage, not really dry... borate or burn it, tulip poplar is just too tasty.

I've heard people say ppb's are not a structural problem, I beg to differ, these guys have been working on this stick less than 5 years I think  :).

customsawyer

I can see Danny grinning and shaking his head in agreement.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

That's pretty cool, notice how they stay away form the the edges of the board, they have a "margin" they don't seem to violate. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

beenthere

QuoteI've heard people say ppb's are not a structural problem, I beg to differ, these guys have been working on this stick less than 5 years I think  .

Based on the visual damage of the holes seen in your photo? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!