iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C4 Cancar 20 Winch Cable

Started by C4treefarmer, January 17, 2023, 05:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C4treefarmer

Replacing my winch cable on the C4 Cancar; wondering what everyone uses for length, diameter and number of chokers? 

KWH

Technically it is wire rope. I replaced one on my TJ 230 last year. I spooled out the cable then measured at it drum of the winch, 3/4 of an inch, the worn end was less than 1/2. I put 120 ft on it. Mine is set up for four chokers if pulling firewood wood six would be nice. For chokers chains I tried the square linked ones they really do grip better. Where are you located.

C4treefarmer

I am in Nova Scotia. I figured it is 3/4 inch, and around 100-150 ft. I had 6 chokers on it. It has been getting shorter and shorter as it kept breaking. It's old! I was using choker cables. She flew apart tonight, time for new. 

It looks like the drum on the winch takes a ferruled end? It was just tied on when I bought it. 

Thanks for the quick reply! 

C5C Tree Farmer

I used 100' of 9/16" swaged mainline with 6 - 6ft cable chokers. A sleeve style twitch hook was used on the mainline to hold the knot, then 6 standard style twitch hooks. The 2nd twitch hook was left empty for oversize wood.

tacks Y

I put 5/8 swaged on my 225, wish I had gone 9/16. 100' and 5 slides I would think another slide if doing a lot of pecker poles.

Lumberjack49

Thank You Sponsors!