iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New project

Started by samdland, July 31, 2005, 12:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samdland

As some of you know I build about one mill per year (Some enjoy cutting. I enjoy and find passion in the building of mills). I am setting out shortly to build my first swinger. I plan on building a mill that will have interchangeable sawframes for both a swinger and a band (Two mills in one). If any one is local to Northwest Ar. that has a lucas or other swinger I would really like to have a look.

samdland

Even some close ups would be nice. Also I know alot of you guys are down on me due the fact that none of you have seen shields on my mills. I would like to say I have never sold a mill without shields.

DanG

Nope. Not down on ya.  I admire anybody that can build a mill that actually works.  The shields are important, though, and I wouldn't want to saw without them.  Maybe you should start building the shields first, so you won't be tempted to try out the new saw without them. ;) :D :D

I saw where you had sold the mill and was gonna ask what the next project is, but you've already let the cat outta the bag. :D :D  I may have a chance to get some pics for you soon, so what parts do you have questions about?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Basic Swinger, or complicated ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodbowl

samdland,
     Hurry up and start working on that swinger! 8) There are several folks here on the forum just ichin' to split technical hairs to help you work the bugs out.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

samdland

Well I am still in the paper stage. I need answers to lots of things. I will make a list.

Timburr

Sense is not common

Thank You Sponsors!