iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another ID question

Started by archeryplus, Yesterday at 08:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archeryplus

Had this stacked with red oak but I don't think that's right?

1000017561.jpg
1000017560.jpg

doc henderson

nice end grain pic.  how did you do it?  can you get a bark straight on pic also?  I am not sure.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

archeryplus

1000017563.jpg

The picture is with a magnifier app on my phone.

I think Majicman mentioned it and it does come in handy for other things as the eyes get older

Magicman

I am far from being an identity person but the pictures that I am seeing say White Oak.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

Am not seeing any rays for it being an oak.
Pic is a bit out of focus, but almost see wavy parenchyma that would indicate an elm.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Don P

I see lots of rays in the blurry magnified pic, around the middle where it is browner and showing tyloses. I'm with MM, white oak.

beenthere

okay, I don't, but if you do, agree with white oak :wink_2:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

archeryplus

SwampDonkey

I see rays, but don't seem very prominent.

This picture shows fine rays to, but it's white ash. Tylosis is common in white ash. Obviously it's not 100%. But, All the latewood pores are filled. Fewer are filled in the earlywood.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

archeryplus

Tried to get a better Pic.  Thoughts now??

1000017570.jpg

1000017571.jpg

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!