iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's the best pellet stove

Started by Qweaver, December 16, 2007, 11:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I'm cosidering buying a pellet stove.  Any suggestions on the best brand?
I'm just feed-up with my wood stove blowing smoke into the house when we get a strong westerly wind, which is often in the winter. I'm planning to build a better chimney later, but it will still be on the south western side of the house and I'm just not willing to fight this problem.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Furby

Check the alternative methods and solutions section for info that may be of help. :)

rebocardo

I can't say "best" brand, but, from seeing other people use them I have a few suggestions.

Get one that makes changing a dead or exhausted battery easy and allows it to trickle charge.

Get one with a remote thermostat for the blower so once air reaches a certain temp. in a remote part of the house, it shuts off.

york

Albert

Coon

Don't but a Country Stoves brand unless you are just trying to heat one single room with it.  Theyr do not circulate the air very well even with a couple of household fans besides the internal fans it already has.  You'll be very disapppointed with the amount of pellets it'll eat if you try pushing it.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!