iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

where to find copper gutters

Started by Daver, August 19, 2008, 09:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daver

Hi Guys,  I am in need of finding a place to buy copper halfround gutters does anyone know of a supplier in northwest New Jersey? Or east PA?  I bought them along time ago but I can't remember where I got them before.  Thanks in advance..
"Remember, amateurs made the ark, professionals built the Titanic."

Tam-i-am

Dave,
Aetna Building Products Inc
716 Oakwood Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06110
(860) 953-4273

Aetna has them, I justed quoted them for my garage in copper and galvanized, maybe they have other branches in NY or NJ.
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Toolman

Be careful. Alot of copper gutters around here have been walking off of buildings and cashing themselves into local scrap yards.  All of this without owners knowledge or permission, if you know what I mean.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

stumpy

I was surprised to see that Home Depot carries them.  They are special order and I can't speak for their quality, but I saw them there and thought I'd pass it on.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Daver

Hey Tammy thanks.. Fortunately I just found a place close by me Penna supply in PA.. They have them in stock too and the prices are good.. But I do appreciate your willingness to help..   ;D

Dave

Quote from: Tamiam on August 19, 2008, 12:23:08 PM
Dave,
Aetna Building Products Inc
716 Oakwood Ave.
West Hartford, CT 06110
(860) 953-4273

Aetna has them, I justed quoted them for my garage in copper and galvanized, maybe they have other branches in NY or NJ.
Tammy

Daver

Stumpy I tried Home Depot by me but they knew nothing... Fortunately one of their customers did know something ;-)

Dave

Quote from: stumpy on August 19, 2008, 01:48:42 PM
I was surprised to see that Home Depot carries them.  They are special order and I can't speak for their quality, but I saw them there and thought I'd pass it on.

Daver

I could imagine I thought of this myself.. Good thing the gutters will be up high!!! 

Quote from: Toolman on August 19, 2008, 12:29:42 PM
Be careful. Alot of copper gutters around here have been walking off of buildings and cashing themselves into local scrap yards.  All of this without owners knowledge or permission, if you know what I mean.

Don_Papenburg

Classic Gutters   in Kalamazoo Mich  has then mail order ifd you can't find any local.   I have them for my house only I went with the aluminum for half the price of copper. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Daver

If it was for my house I would do the aluminum, but this is for my customer a historical house of which I am doing an addition so I have to stick with what is on the original house.

I did find copper gutters local.  Thanks Don for your input.

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on August 19, 2008, 10:27:14 PM
Classic Gutters   in Kalamazoo Mich  has then mail order ifd you can't find any local.   I have them for my house only I went with the aluminum for half the price of copper. 

Jasperfield

rebocardo

I would screw them on and epoxy over the heads to force people to spend the time cutting them off.

Daver

Speaking of epoxy I need to use some to secure down the sill beams on the house addition I am doing.. I am not too familiar with epoxy.. What kind do I use and how exactly do I use this stuff?  Can you fill me in?  Thanks!

rebocardo

Sorry, the only epoxy I use is JB Weld and fiberglass stuff. I know many modern building are held together with that and caulk. It is about the only thing holding windows in for many high rises and such.

But,  after seeing that concrete slab fall off in the Boston tunnel and crush a car flat and a woman to death, I still would not use epoxy to hold anything heavy overhead if that is what you intend it's use.

Daver

No Rebocardo,  I only plan to use it to screw into a wall frame on a post and beam job. Everything is already on the ground. It's the bottom sill I plan to screw down into the foundation wall. Just to make sure the walls never slide in or out.

Quote from: rebocardo on August 22, 2008, 03:20:18 PM
Sorry, the only epoxy I use is JB Weld and fiberglass stuff. I know many modern building are held together with that and caulk. It is about the only thing holding windows in for many high rises and such.

But,  after seeing that concrete slab fall off in the Boston tunnel and crush a car flat and a woman to death, I still would not use epoxy to hold anything heavy overhead if that is what you intend it's use.

Thank You Sponsors!