Started by Raider Bill, January 05, 2011, 11:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

First you start with a ham bone

In the crock pot over night

Add some soaked dry beans and veggies

and eat!

Warm up the next day and eat some more.

After eating this whole crock pot alone of ham and beans over 3 days hop on the bike and go looking for love ;D ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

I'm afraid until after your cooling down period, the only love you may find is a relative to the one you ate.  :D

That do look good. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ErikC

one of my favorites. 3 days and the bike is your only option, enclosed vehicles could be deadly :D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

fishpharmer

That would be good on a cold winter day. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

One of my favorite meals too.

Looks great Bill.  :)

northwoods1

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2011, 12:05:31 PM
I'm afraid until after your cooling down period, the only love you may find is a relative to the one you ate.  :D

That do look good. :)

That is a good one :D

Kind of funny , just today I was thinking to myself, boy I wish I had a big old ham bone :) yes I sit and think about such things. I wanted to make soup. You give me a ham bone like that and a cabbage and I can cook up a pot of what my grandma called "boiled dinner" , just what a guy needs on a cold winter day. I need to go get a ham now.

Magicman

And it's good yeah.

'specially if you have some yellow cornbread.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I can't catch on to that corn bread thing. I like a nice thick slice of crusty Italian or Cuban bread slathered with butter. Actually half a loaf.

Jeff

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 05, 2011, 09:34:41 PM
I like a nice thick slice of crusty Italian or Cuban bread slathered with butter. Actually half a loaf.

mmmmmmmm digin_2
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I am with Magicman.  The yellow cornbread must be a Southern thing.  But, I must say, all bread is wonderful stuff!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

I think it is.  I keep the corn bread mix right next to the grits on the market shelf. ;D

Magicman

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 06, 2011, 09:21:07 AM
I keep the corn bread mix

My cornbread "mix" don't come from the store, comes from the Magicwoman.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clif

I like  a lot of different breads too!  However, fresh ground corn meal made into corn bread is hard to beat!! Must have gotten that from my father, he was born in Newton County, Mississippi.  That just made me think of something that my father said: When he was very young his father would set him up on the mule and when he would walk around  the other side of the log he would be out of sight. Huh, never thought of it before, but my grand father must have been at least a logger, maybe a sawyer.  I will have to see if any one is still alive that would know!
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Raider Bill

My Grand Father owned a Yankee bakery ;D , no corn bread in our house. I make a sweet corn bread once and awhile but the southern guys wouldn't like it as it's more of a desert. I put ice cream on it.

Everyone around me in Tenn eats corn bread. They prefer it pretty dry.

LeeB

Got a ham bone in the refridge right nowjust waiting for it to get cold enough for a goodpotof beans. Cornbreadto go with them. I like to eat left over corn bread fried lightly in butter and with a big dollop of honey or Steen's cane syrup on it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ibseeker

Yup, good thread. There's a ham bone at home waiting to be made into Navy White Bean soup and yes there will be cornbread.  :)
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

Magicman

What was for lunch again today  ???   digin1

Just Me

Got a pan of split pea on the range right now done the same way. Threw in some rutabaga, garlic, onion, extra ham, celery, and carrots.

Done about 7:00.....

rambo

I heard that dish was so good "It will make you smack your momma!" :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!