iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll: Fencing Material

Started by wmrussel, August 27, 2011, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmrussel

If you have a suggestion for other, please feel free to leave it.  Thanks!
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

ellmoe

Cypress! Not much redwood growing in Cent. Fla.! ;D
Seriously, though, the  half inch privacy fence we make lasts about twenty years in this high humidity enviroment.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

LeeB

Like wise with cedar around here. We ain't got any cypress or redwood.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Banjo picker

White oak because thats what I have...

On the other side next to the woods I did put up three sections of red oak ...I'll see what the difference in longlivity is...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

beenthere

Much depends on the design of the fence. No ground contact, etc.
I have a 3 board (red oak) fence on wood posts constructed of 1x6 boards. They were put up with lag bolts on 4x4 posts in 1965. Over the years, the posts have mostly rotted off, but there are sections that are still standing. The RO boards didn't rot. Twisted and had some splits on some of them, but no rot. They were not in contact with the ground.
Might find Here is a pic that has the fence in it....

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rooster

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Thank You Sponsors!