iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Outdoor Wood Boiler

Started by juststartingout, August 19, 2012, 09:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juststartingout

Hello all.  I currently have propane heat and am tired of the high and very fluctuating price of propane.  I am looking for an outdoor wood boiler.  (My home already has the cement pad, power, and piping; the previous residents took the boiler with them, though.)  Most of the people in my area have Central Boiler units.  I have the opportunity to purchase a Midwest 500 model and am looking for any feedback I can find.  I've done some trolling on the web but haven't turned much up.  Does anyone have any information on this manufacturer?  Thank you for your time.

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Pull up a stump and give us an earful.  Friendly place here.

A search might turn up some info, but off the top I don't recall that brand discussed.

Was the boiler removed a CB?  They must have liked it if they took it with them.

Is there a Midwest dealer in your area?  Where abouts is 'your area' ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

juststartingout

I don't know what make the previous boiler was; house was a bank sale. I'm in southeastern Michigan and I believe there are dealers around here, which is why I thought I would find more as far as reviews.  I haven't gone into a dealer yet.  I'm hesitant to listen to much of what dealers will tell me, as their sole purpose is to sell their product.

trapper

on the Shameless Commerce Member Support Links is a sponser called white pine outdoor boilers.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

TJ Timber

I cut a lot of wood for people who burn outdoor boiler systems, Central Boiler are popular but the new thing is using gasification to reduce the amount of wood use. Pro-fab is a good company, I have a customer who has one and he said he cut his wood usage in half. I don't know, but I would do lots of research before I buy, because it's big investment.

OneWithWood

My wood usage in my large CB was less than half this past winter.  Could have something to do with the unusually warm winter  ::) ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!