iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anyone installed a hot air wood furnace

Started by just_sawing, January 24, 2013, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I am thinking of installing a US Stove 1600ef and was wondering has anyone installed one and had any thoughts on it.
Also do you have pictures of that installation.
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

WH_Conley

I almost did. Check with you insurance company. A neighbor was remodeling his house that he had just inherited from him parents. He did not want the wood furnace and gave it to me. My insurance agent shot it down. My basement is one score of block too low. The regs are different from a stove and a furnace.
Bill

r.man

Just_sawing, do you mean an outside furnace that blows hot air into the house?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

just_sawing

Yes I am looking at a us stove ef1600 for a mobile home that I rent out
You can follow me at

uplander

I am running a dual fuel forced air propane, wood and coal burning furnace. It is located in my basement and I am very happy with it's performance so far.

Uplander
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

beenthere

uplander
How long have you had it since installed?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

uplander

beenthere, I have had it running for 1 1/2 heating seasons so far. It has been installed longer than that in a house I am building totally by myself and the wife. We did all the ductwork ourselves.
The furnace has a 20 year prorated warranty and I have read reports of them working for 30 years with only minor maintanence issues.

Uplander
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

just_sawing

Does anyone have 1600ef us stove outdoor heater?
You can follow me at

dave_dj1

I don't have one but it looks to be a decent unit. I have my own home brewed unit that works great.
Maybe you can find some reviews on line. I love having the mess outside.

Handymark

I used to have a smaller indoor unit made by the same company. Tractor Supply and Rural King sell them. It did well considering it was not an ideal set up with it not being hooked into the duct work and also being on one end of the house. My father in law has one of the indoor units sold at TSC and has built a small metal building to house it in. It sets away from the house about five feet and he uses flex duct to move the heat back and forth.

Thank You Sponsors!