The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Bread Slicer  (Read 13100 times)

Offline Busy Beaver Lumber

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Busy Beaver Lumber
Re: Bread Slicer
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »
21incher

I love your bread slicer. Very nice piece of craftsmanship and very practical. I may have to make a scaled down version of that for my 27 year old daughter. She has one of those bread machine and is always treating me to one bread or another. I bet she would really like something like that.

Don't forget the bagel holding attachment, like the wood bagel slicers you see in the stores, that would allow you to use the same blade setup to safely, and consistently cut the bagel precisely in half. 

You do some very nice work there my friend. Now you need a cnc to cut your parts for you when you go into mass production. :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
Busy Beaver Lumber.
Thanks for the compliment. That CNC sounds better everyday. I built a CNC plasma table a couple of years ago that was going to also be a router, but the plasma turned out to be so dirty that it just is not practical. So lately I have been thinking about building the router as I already own copies of all the cad, cam, and machine control software plus I have a extra set of servo motors. The only problem is I really don't like to build anything more then once. But now it seems that may have to change since I have requests. Once you get used to fresh bread toasted you will never return to bagels.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline PC-Urban-Sawyer

• Senior Member x2
  • Been wasting time for sixty-eight years...
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 08:27:22 PM »
Herb thanks for the link. My blade is 10 3/4" overall with 10 1/4 between the holes, sawblade express list their blades as 10 1/4" long. Could you please check the between hole distance on them? Thanks. One thing you will want to do is locate the mounting screws so there is some tension on the blade to get a really straight cut on soft hot bread.

I just measured the ones I received. Overall length is 10 3/4" and distance between centers of holes is 10 1/4". Width of blade at widest point is 3/8" and yes, they are very, VERY, VEERRRYYYY sharp.

Thanks for the tip on tensioning the blade.

Herb

Offline Red Good

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
    • www.cycleonemanufacturing.com
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:15 PM »
We had a bread knife when I was a kid growing up . Blade looked like that and it had a chrome bar that allowed you to cut 1/2 inch slices . Yours looks much better  . Nice work . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:14 AM »

I just measured the ones I received. Overall length is 10 3/4" and distance between centers of holes is 10 1/4". Width of blade at widest point is 3/8" and yes, they are very, VERY, VEERRRYYYY sharp.

Thanks for checking that. One other thing. I went to my local dollar store and bought a pack of those clear plastic report folders with the colored plastic splines that slide on to pinch the paper in. Cut the plastic splines to a length that will fit over the blade to act as a safety cover when the knife is not being used.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

smiley
Slicer Logs?

Started by Tillaway on Forestry and Logging

18 Replies
Last post August 17, 2007, 05:57:53 AM
by Ron Wenrich
xx
bread

Started by northwoods1 on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

24 Replies
Last post January 26, 2011, 08:36:35 PM
by Jasperfield
xx
Bread for me

Started by thecfarm on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

6 Replies
Last post February 03, 2013, 02:59:07 PM
by Norm
xx
Bread!!!

Started by Papa1stuff on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

10 Replies
Last post October 08, 2018, 11:29:05 AM
by Texas Ranger