iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

boiler leak

Started by trapper, October 18, 2014, 10:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

The water level in my cb classic was going down.  Last night the ashes didn't look right so I didn't put any wood in.  Today I shoveled out the waterlogged ashes.
Scraped the side where it was wet and found a stream of water coming out where a support pin was welded in at the factory.  My neighbor just started his own welding service.  Has been welding professionally for 20 years.  I  drained the furnace and he came over. cleaned up the spot and found porosity around the weld. He used gas  and his electric welder  cant remember if he said mig or tig but it was a very good weld.  $20 but I gave him, a very good tip and know where to go when I need more welding done.
11 years with a 10 year warranty on the firebox.

.g.................................................

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

albirk

David-L

Wondering if you do the water test thing so often. I have a CB, the small one and keep waiting for that to happen. Of course it will be in the dead of winter. Mine is going on 10 years, I scrape and move the ashes and clean out alot. Do you know how thick that boiler plate is?

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

trapper

Quote from: David-L on October 19, 2014, 06:52:56 AM
Wondering if you do the water test thing so often. I have a CB, the small one and keep waiting for that to happen. Of course it will be in the dead of winter. Mine is going on 10 years, I scrape and move the ashes and clean out alot. Do you know how thick that boiler plate is?

David l
not real often but now am going to start with new water and the chemicals that are used with a water change. I think it was more from expanding and contracting with temp change than corrosion.
model 4436
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

coxy

they all leak around those pins cb should have to fix them for free   the 16 people around here that have them all had same thing happen  next the sides will get pin holes in them and it goes on and on the best thing to do is have some one reline the in side with new steal thats what I did and no more trouble  I hope to get another 20 years out of it  :D

Thank You Sponsors!