iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Router Table

Started by 49er, September 10, 2015, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

This was my first attempt at a router table. I think it looks awkward. However, it has low vibration, which was my goal. A technique I never used before was tacking a runner on the bottom of the top to cross cut the end, Pictured. This allowed me just enough capacity on my table saw to make the cut.

-- Correlation is not causation but I did loose my Doctor !!!

Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

Andy White

49er,
That is one really massive table top!! Very sturdy, and vibration proof as well. Love all the hardware and tracks. How do you like the Incra Lift?  What size router are you running under that top? A great looking package for sure.   :o :o ;D 8) 8)   Angy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bruno of NH

Good job looks like it will work well !
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

49er

Quote from: Andy White on September 10, 2015, 05:24:10 PM
49er,
That is one really massive table top!! Very sturdy, and vibration proof as well. Love all the hardware and tracks. How do you like the Incra Lift?  What size router are you running under that top? A great looking package for sure.   :o :o ;D 8) 8)   Angy
I like the Incra lift very much. I made a box with a locked miter joint and the precision allowed me to dial it in perfectly. I have a PC7518 under it.
This is left over ash and oak from my barn. We had a big ice storm and timber prices were way down so I just used the wood for myself.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

21incher

Great looking table. I wish that mine had a top that big. Looks like the only thing that would make that table vibrate is a earthquake.:)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

beenthere

So you have a loose Doctor?   ;D  DanG, hate it when that happens.

Nice build.

How do you handle contact with the floor to keep it from rocking on high spots? Or not a problem?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

49er

Quote from: beenthere on September 10, 2015, 07:19:17 PM
So you have a loose Doctor?   ;D  DanG, hate it when that happens.

Nice build.

How do you handle contact with the floor to keep it from rocking on high spots? Or not a problem?
Ya, don't want a loose doctor especially for the finger wave. ::)
Thank You for pointing out my spelling error. I am not fully literate.
I just cut some wedges on the band saw and leveled it with them. The wedges made it very stable.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Redmax GZ4000

Larry

Looks pretty spiffy to me! 8) 8)

I bet all that mass keeps the noise level down.  I have a PC7518 in mind also, but its a plywood box and that seems to amplify the noise.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

lowpolyjoe

That table top is a beauty.  Great looking home for your router.

I bought a pre-fab router table a while ago, but the more I see these DIY tables with those nice router lifts, the more I want one :)

Thank You Sponsors!