iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bobcat flat face fittings leak

Started by ozarkgem, July 11, 2016, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

I used my grapple to unload logs at the mill all last week and it never leaked a drop. I had to put the bucket on for a while and when I put the grapple back on to load some logs it started leaking. Pouring out is better. I disconnected and reconnected them 3 time and they still leak. I am fed up with them. Think I will put tractor fittings on.   I have hundreds of dollars worth of flat face fitting in a pile and they all leak.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

hamish

You might consider taking apart the fittings and replacing the O-ring inside, much less expensive than a new coupler.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

ozarkgem

Quote from: hamish on July 11, 2016, 08:16:44 PM
You might consider taking apart the fittings and replacing the O-ring inside, much less expensive than a new coupler.
Though about that but figured the would leak again after the second connection. Pioneer fittings are 15 bucks for the pair.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

plowboyswr

Quote from: ozarkgem on July 11, 2016, 08:22:55 PM
Though about that but figured the would leak again after the second connection. Pioneer fittings are 15 bucks for the pair.
Where are you getting them that cheap? Last set I got I paid $25 per Female end and $20 per male end.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

wndwlkr65

All of my pioneer fittings on my tractors leak. My flat face fittings on my skidder don't leak at all. Darn the luck anyway. Hope you get it fixed !

ozarkgem

Quote from: plowboyswr on July 11, 2016, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: ozarkgem on July 11, 2016, 08:22:55 PM
Where are you getting them that cheap? Last set I got I paid $25 per Female end and $20 per male end.
Orchslens also on ebay. you must have went to Race bros. LOL. I still would like to stop and see your mill someday.

scsmith42

I always wipe down the connector before inserting it.  I've only had one leaky fitting in 8 years of daily use.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

plowboyswr

Yeah that's  Race brothers prices  ::) but tractor supply and attwoods were within a buck or two of them on price. Once I get relocated I'll let ya know and ya can swing by and check it out.  ;D I will warn ya it ain't nuthin fancy but it works :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!