iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well I finally broke a bone

Started by killamplanes, March 16, 2017, 10:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killamplanes

I broke my leg yesterday. Cut thousands of trees and one 2 second mistake cost me a bunch of couch time. A walnut I was topping, I was downhill slightly, gravity did the rest. So mad at myself. O well I needed to do my taxes now I got time... :P
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

BargeMonkey

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. Yeah it doesn't take much sometimes and next thing you know it really hurts. I started out early in the broken bones game, compound fracture of my left femur, the drill they use to put you in traction says "black and decker" on it. 😂

so il logger

X2 that really sucks! I broke mine 2 years ago this April. They put a rod in my leg, and I didn't have any sort of cast.

Hope you do better with laying around the house than I did...  ;D

Puffergas

Ouch, we pay dearly for our mistakes. Hope ya heal up fast!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Woodhauler

I broke my lower leg and the thingys that hold your ankle on when I was 18. still cant move that ankle as much as other one. Tree kicked back off stump and nailed me down low on lower leg . About a 20 inch fir tree.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

OH logger

sorry to hear that. take it easy and have fun figuring up what u owe uncle sam.  >:(I ALWAYS HATE doin that. :(
john

Autocar

Been down that road also. Hang in there time will pass.
Bill

Corley5

Ouch!!!  Take it easy.  Heal up.  Don't push it  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

killamplanes

Well I only spent a couple of hours on the sawmill today. For me stoved up that's pretty good. One of my employees tailed for me. He finally said we got enough for several days for the pallet operation you need to go back to the house. He is 20 in college, and is on spring break. He usually only works nights here but I got him all week. Told him take tommorrow  of, he did more work during spring break than I probly did in my college years. But my day shift guy will be here, we will see how long he puts up with me.. :D
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

isawlogs

Broken legs hurt like hell, I am also in the been there done that team. Left leg where the ankle hooks up, three parts broke, they had the hardware and tools out to put it back together.  Hope you heal up well and soon! 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Riwaka

Is a feller buncher on the shopping list?

killamplanes

You won't find one around here. If you had one it would be hard to find trees under 24in to cut with it. We go big or go home. (I went home)...

teakwood

I am sorry to hear that. that brings back some painful memories  hurt_smiley broke my lower leg in 2007. Was like a 5" twisted tree that kicked back, i was 10feet away! 3 month with a cast and then after 2 weeks i snaped it again. had to go to a private hospital and they put a nail inside my bone. with the removal 2years later it costed me 14k.

Now i'm more careful with kickbacks
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

killamplanes

Well I pay 20k a year for Healthcare now for me and 2 kids. So I don't feel as bad about this money wise. I lucked out just broke the little bone in my calf. The swell of calf from being smashed is the worst. Doc says ounce it's gone it won't be bad. I hope. I got a million things to do but sit here...

Ed_K

Even with a small break you need to be careful not to let it grow back wrong.  I'm with the kickback crew. 33 years ago I dropped a white birch and it hung in a crotch of red oak. It crushed my left foot. One bone was broke in 6 place's. I took the time to have double hernias operated on.
Ed K

teakwood

Quote from: killamplanes on March 17, 2017, 12:22:53 PM
Well I pay 20k a year for Healthcare now for me and 2 kids. So I don't feel as bad about this money wise. I lucked out just broke the little bone in my calf. The swell of calf from being smashed is the worst. Doc says ounce it's gone it won't be bad. I hope. I got a million things to do but sit here...

Find your inner peace and accept that you can not work for a time and you have to rest. if you worry every day that you have to do thousand things you will go crazy. just stay calm and accept it. i was 3 month in a cast, first 2 weeks just on the sofa, then sofa bed tv, after 2 month a little walking with walking aid, and when i finally could walk by myself after 3 month, like a baby and it was a wonderful feeling, like being reborn.
Hang in there

Ramon
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

AlexHart

Sorry to hear about your injury.   But like Teak and Ed have kind of said even though its very frustrating be sure to take the time to heal it up right.   That stinks.   Been awhile since I had a hospital level injury... I almost feel like the clock is ticking sometimes.   

killamplanes

Doc said I can do whatever I feel like. Said the swelling will stop you from getting to crazy. So yeha. Now if swellING would just go away 8)

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

Quote from: killamplanes on March 21, 2017, 11:51:36 AM
Doc said I can do whatever I feel like. Said the swelling will stop you from getting to crazy. So yeha. Now if swellING would just go away 8)

Ummm, let me tell ya a little about docs  :D. They don't live in "our" world. Take it easy, they got no concept. I convinced myself mine was badly sprained years ago and limped it off. Pretty much did what woodhauler did. Running up and down a little gorge yesterday rigging for a friend and it is talkin this morning.

Thank You Sponsors!