iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cutting starts today

Started by sprucebunny, February 06, 2018, 12:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resonator

The paper mills in Wisconsin use the same type of truck lift to unload trailers. I remember the story years ago where a trucking company came in with chips in a regular dry van trailer, as soon as it went up to unload the sides caved in like a pop can.  Figured out quick they needed vents cut into the walls at the front of the trailer.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

sprucebunny

Even with vents, there is a noticeable sucking in of the trailer walls.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

loggah

I used to send  chips to whitefield,they were open 24-7 back then ,dump your own load. you need a lot of vents in those trailers or you are asking for trouble!! looks like there doing a nice job keeping that young understory  upright, once they leaf out and the winds come up you will probably have a bit more firewood.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

sprucebunny

Yes and it will be possible to see it and get to it !!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

starmac

Grain elevators and cotton oil mills had those lifts too. I have used them with tandem grain trucks, but we had walking floor trailers, so bypassed them. I did get to see a nice pete that was on one at an oil mill when she broke and came crashing to the ground, lots of damage and the hood flew off to the side.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

SwampDonkey

Out on the mill road from Deersdale to Nackawick the chipping vans were extra wide and not allowed on the highway. I can tell ya those things sure do sway back and forth. ;D Their tree length trucks the same, terrible wide beasts. :o You want a radio for sure. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!