iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any duck hunters here?

Started by fishfighter, September 12, 2015, 03:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

This morning is our Teal season opening day and I hear of some great reports of birds are down. Will be heading out shortly. ;D I will be hunting the rice fields south of Kaplan, La.

Magicman

I hope that you get in some good shooting.  I am not a duck hunter, only a duck eater.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pabst79

Chasing ducks is the best part of fall! Our teal season was last week, it was in the upper 80's and humid. All I seen was 4 spoonbills and a pair of tundra swans. Now today it was 34 when I got up but, duck season doesn't open for 3 more weeks  :(.  Never been to LA to duck hunt but did hunt the White river bottoms in AR for few years. Good luck too all.
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

fishfighter

Slow going this morning, but we did fine. Took till 9am to fill a 4 person limit.
My daughter with a few.

Oh, she did the best shot of the day. ;D

Ron Scott

Great fun! I use to duck and goose hunt a lot back during the 1960's when I lived in Michigan's UP.
~Ron

ScottInCabot

Ducks are certainly 'safe' from me....box of shells equals 1/2-a-duck.

But I can make some awesome calls!  Always loved making them...

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

fishfighter

Quote from: ScottInCabot on September 12, 2015, 06:42:26 PM
Ducks are certainly 'safe' from me....box of shells equals 1/2-a-duck.

But I can make some awesome calls!  Always loved making them...

Do you? I'm always looking for a new call. ;D

MM, with this cool weather, my daughter will make some duck gumbo. Teal are about the best to eat to me. ;D

Scott in Cabot

Magicman

Fish, you know very well that I loves Gumbo, food6 and I'm sure that your Daughter is a good Gumbo maker. :)  Duck Gumbo is some good, yeah. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Sil smoked those Teal yesterday afternoon and my daughter will make the gumbo today. ;D Dam cool out there this morning. Looks like it might be a record low for us today. :o Gumbo weather for sure. 8)

MM, she learn how to cook from her Dad, not Mom. Going on 36 years with the wife and this is what I say about my wife's cooking. "No two meals look a like, but they all taste the same". :o For a full blooded coonass, she just can't cook. Something unhear of in these parts. :o

rooster 58

I haven't  waterfowl hunted in many years. I used to really enjoy it though  ;)

millwright

Late reply here. Sitting on river as I write this. Opening day in Wi

fishfighter

Made another teal hunt yesterday with my so, daughter and SIL. One birds short of 3 limits. The season closes today. :'( The teal just about are all gone now anyway. ;D We are just starting to see some big ducks.

Magicman

Anyone that can limit on Teal are good wing-shots.   8)

fishfighter

Started hunting them little jets as a kid. ;D Both of my kids started as young kids hunting them too. ;D It's nice now that the kids are taking Dad hunting for a change. :D Can't wait till big duck season. Nov 7th this year.

Thank You Sponsors!