iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

plumbing a slasher to a 210 prentice

Started by donny hochstetler, December 28, 2014, 05:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donny hochstetler

I am getting an older style 210 prentice, the straight 210, has 353 power, it is not set up for a slasher, could it be done,? or is there not enough flow? how much flow does it take? I was thinking maybe even building a stand alone powerpack with a small kubota or something, im pretty ignorant in this field so any advice would be considered, im getting a pretty good deal on the prentice n thought if i could use it for a time i could get a better loader n keep the slasher, I will be bucking up n sorting hardwood sawtimber, just dont want to use the chainsaw, have always dreamed of bucking up logs while drinking coffee :D

Gadrock

I am not knowledgeable abouth the 210 model.
Most loaders are continuous 360 rotations...which means that there must be a center flow that goes to and from the hydraulics on the upper unit as it can rotate independently of all other functions. If you have a center flow system then it can be pumped to a slasher or a ground saw. Contact CTR or CSI about the psi and gpm requirement.
     My Prentice 280 has a 5.9 Cummins powering a 3 stage hydropump system. My slasher is a CTR400 and the ground saw in a CTR42 I think. Both use 3/4 inch saw links and when engaged the saw dust (chunks) does fly. We only cut pine on my farm.
     When installing an outside power unit for hydraulic power the control system will become a problem...again because of the 360 degree turning of the loader. Maybe installing a IR control would be the answer.
     There are many good loaders with slashers included for 20,000 dollars and much less...quality depending. Of course its your dollar and your decision  is important. The same thing new today is about 340,000 dollars...depending on a few options.

David G

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

kiko

By combining two sections of the pump you can generate enough flow. Problem is having enough ports in the swivel to add 3 lines two of which must be 3/4 or better.  Does the swivel have a hole thru the center?

BargeMonkey

On my Barko 160 they added another pump onto the gear train of the deere engine, another valve in the cab and the 3 lines plumbed down to the bottom. Wasnt that complicated but it required another spot for suction, and return back into another line. 360 swivel fittings arent cheap. Im sure if you called a few bone yards you might be able to fnd everything off a 210 already.

Thank You Sponsors!